Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » What should I do next?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What should I do next?
swest
Member # 3039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swest  Ford pictures for swest    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have had my mustang since early May. I have a 94 v6. I already got a cd player and got the windows tinted. The next few options I am thinking about are exhaust(probably dual), intake, and a spoiler. I am just going to get a stock spoiler, not sure where for that. Also, what kind of exhaust and intake should I get? I want something that sounds good, don't mind if it is loud, just want it to sound good, as well as something that will help in hp and isn't too crazy $$$. Thanks for the help.
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mac makes a full dual exhaust system that sounds awesome on my buddies sixer. Other things that are cheap mods would be cold air intake, and some pullies. Supersixmotorsports.com makes a head cam and intake package for about $2500 that will get you some real power if you have the money. BBK makes a bigger throttle body. Once again dpending how crazy you want to get Procharger and Vortech make supercharger kits for V6's and PTK makes a nice ball bearing street turbo. Another cheap things would be to throw on some lowering springs and caster camber plates. If you really want to go fast best bang for the buck would be new gears in the rear end. Also you could safely use a small shot of nitrous on that motor. My advice to you would be to go and pick-up a Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords or 5.0Mustang magazine and look at all the adds and see what you want to get. Godd luck man
Ryan [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You could save up and drop a used V8 in there.

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I vote for a stock V8 swap as well. I am told the swap is not that difficult either for your car.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Jim
¯
Member # 2848

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim  Ford pictures for Jim    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Must have 8 cylinders. [patriot]

--------------------
Jim

Red95PonyGirl
¯
Member # 3027

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red95PonyGirl  Ford pictures for Red95PonyGirl  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree with Ryan....I know of a good place price wise for your exhaust, but where do you live??

--------------------
http://photos.yahoo.com/red95ponygirl

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DropTopFox:
Mac makes a full dual exhaust system that sounds awesome on my buddies sixer. Other things that are cheap mods would be cold air intake, and some pullies. Supersixmotorsports.com makes a head cam and intake package for about $2500 that will get you some real power if you have the money. BBK makes a bigger throttle body. Once again dpending how crazy you want to get Procharger and Vortech make supercharger kits for V6's and PTK makes a nice ball bearing street turbo. Another cheap things would be to throw on some lowering springs and caster camber plates. If you really want to go fast best bang for the buck would be new gears in the rear end. Also you could safely use a small shot of nitrous on that motor. My advice to you would be to go and pick-up a Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords or 5.0Mustang magazine and look at all the adds and see what you want to get. Godd luck man
Ryan [patriot]

Yep, I agree [patriot] ....3.73 gears, some pullies and an off-road dual exhaust system, =best bang for the buck....

I also agree with...."Pick-up a Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords or 5.0Mustang magazine and look at all the adds and see what you want to get."

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
91 5.0
¯
Member # 1527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0  Ford pictures for 91 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
V6----> [BS flag]
[worship] V8

[ July 08, 2003, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: 91 5.0 ]

--------------------
02 GT - Zinc Yellow
91 5.0 LX - Red

Posts: 1316 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
ci$ko
¯
Member # 2425

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ci$ko  Ford pictures for ci$ko    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91 5.0:
V6----> [BS flag]
[worship] V8

[patriot]

--------------------
2000 GT for sale
89 lx burning up slicks at a track near you
91 bottled gt sold :/
72 chevelle

Posts: 1286 | From: valleJo .7o7. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
swest
Member # 3039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swest  Ford pictures for swest    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can't afford the insurance on a gt unfortunately, otherwise I would have one. I am just a soph in college so i can't afford to do a lot.
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by swest:
I can't afford the insurance on a gt unfortunately, otherwise I would have one. I am just a soph in college so i can't afford to do a lot.

You wont have a gt, you will have a regular mustang [Wink]
xcessive50
¯
Member # 2995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xcessive50  Ford pictures for xcessive50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
swest, please dont put loud exhaust on it. do anything but. there is a guy in my area with a 94-98 green six banger with every GT piece on it and chrome cobra r's. Itlooks fantastic.But the loud dual exhaust he has just makes it a pile.(sounds like a UPS truck,as do most sixes with loud mufflers)Six cylinder motors were not meant to be loud cuz they just dont sound good.I know a girl that has a 2000 mustang with the six . She lowered it and put gt rims on it and had the exhaust pipe tucked up so you dont see it,but left it stock and quiet.I respect hers alot more than that green one.Do whatever you want but leave it quiet please.When you have more money in the future,get a V8 then change the exhaust to your hearts content. just my opinion
cheap
¯
Member # 858

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheap  Ford pictures for cheap  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go with exhaust and some gears. On a related note, I've got a set of 3.45s and traction lock for a 7.5" rear end (your size rear end, different from a GT) that I could pull out and sell for $100, and a set of duals from behind the header to the mufflers for another $100. The exhaust is 2.25" i believe, which is as big as you'll want to go without a supercharger on a V6.

I've also got lots of other V6 stuff for sale if you're looking for something more serious (heads, SC, intake, cam, injectors, maf, etc).

--------------------
1965 Spyder GT

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dude the guy comes on here asking what to do next and everyone says 'swap in a v8'. that can get very costly. my suggestion is to find 2 more cylinders to bolt on [Smile]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com