Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Mufflers

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Mufflers
GRLPNY
¯
Member # 2626

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GRLPNY  Ford pictures for GRLPNY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just recently bought an 89 Mustang GT, and it has no mufflers. I need to put them on ASAP, Im kinda worried about getting pulled over because of the noise. The only mufflers I really know about are Flowmasters...is there a better way to go that may be less expensive then the flowmasters???

I'm not doing pipes out the back, just because Im changing my bumper as soon as I have the cash (if you wanna know why....look at my avatar )

It also has a H-pipe w/ cats and I plan on just doing a turn down system....

--------------------
1989 Mustang 5.0 GT
Cold air kit, throttle body, maf sensor,exhaust, and 3.73s

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bang for the buck mufflers are probably Summit Racing turbo mufflers. They're dirt cheap, $15 or so each, and are very quiet.
GRLPNY
¯
Member # 2626

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GRLPNY  Ford pictures for GRLPNY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i want good quality...and I dont want a quiet car...I just want something that wont get me pulled over...no mufflers makes my car sound like a boat

--------------------
1989 Mustang 5.0 GT

5PT SLOW
¯
Member # 638

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5PT SLOW  Ford pictures for 5PT SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

hooker super comps

50$

Posts: 553 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
GRLPNY
¯
Member # 2626

not sure if i wanna put used mufflers on my car

--------------------
1989 Mustang 5.0 GT

5PT SLOW
¯
Member # 638

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5PT SLOW  Ford pictures for 5PT SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do you have a thing with used stuff?
Posts: 553 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black88GT  Ford pictures for Black88GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a set of Flowmaster dumps. I was asking 50.00 myself. Nothing wrong with them, I just bought a catback system.
http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=009823

--------------------
2000 Griggs Racing GT
2012 Kona GT500

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just get a set of 2 chamber flows dumped, they will be relatively cheap and you really won't see a huge gain from other mufflers if any at all. Get the mufflers that make the sound you like and you'll be happy [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
GRLPNY
¯
Member # 2626

quote:
Originally posted by DropTopFox:
just get a set of 2 chamber flows dumped, they will be relatively cheap and you really won't see a huge gain from other mufflers if any at all. Get the mufflers that make the sound you like and you'll be happy [patriot]

I think thats what I'm gonna end up getting...I'm going to the place tomorrow to get an estimate!

And 5ptSlow...I would rather know that they were new and nothing is wrong with them, then have the old ones fuck up afterwards. [patriot]

--------------------
1989 Mustang 5.0 GT

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com