Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Anyone ever run 315 drag radials on a mustang?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone ever run 315 drag radials on a mustang?
white1990stang
¯
Member # 2307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for white1990stang  Ford pictures for white1990stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
topic says it all, im curious to know if they will fit.

--------------------
You must be fast, cause I was haullin ass when I passed you.

N20SNAKE
¯
Member # 3024

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N20SNAKE  Ford pictures for N20SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
On a 1990 I'm guessing? No they won't fit on a 90 without a few prybars if you get my drift. They will however fit sn-95 and 99-up platform.
Posts: 17 | From: RALEIGH NC (FROM SAN JOSE) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You'll need some fender work. Check out the Apex Motorsports white notchback road racer in our 2nd annual car show pictures (events forum). I believe those are 335 viper tires/rims he stuffed under that fox body [Eek!]
stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stoauto  Ford pictures for stoauto    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i've seen some 335s on the back of a 95 with hardly any problems.
White95GT
¯
Member # 1915

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White95GT  Ford pictures for White95GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stoauto:
i've seen some 335s on the back of a 95 with hardly any problems.

Did all they have to do was remove the quad shocks? I would love to have those tires on my 95
stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stoauto  Ford pictures for stoauto    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
actually all he did was remove the quad shocks and roll the fenders it was a real tight fit of course but it looked sweet.
stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

but he didn't tell me if he had to massage the inner fender a little bit if you know what i mean, like with a hammer or something.
White95GT
¯
Member # 1915

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White95GT  Ford pictures for White95GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stoauto:
actually all he did was remove the quad shocks and roll the fenders it was a real tight fit of course but it looked sweet.

When you roll the fenders doesnt that fuck up your paint?
sn8k2
¯
Member # 2350

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sn8k2  Ford pictures for sn8k2  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, if you are careful you might not [Wink] . Most peeps use a heat gun to get the paint to become a little more pliable during the process. Nothing is 100% though - if your paint was applied poorly, old, didn't adhear to the primer correctly, ect... you will crack the paint.

--------------------
Mark K

2003 Cobra | 2001 Cobra | 1989 Black Mustang GT - the Savage

Posts: 152 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com