Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » What Lighting parts can swap to a F-150

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What Lighting parts can swap to a F-150
O1sscamaroguy
¯
Member # 2775

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for O1sscamaroguy  Ford pictures for O1sscamaroguy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My girlfriend just bought a 2001 F-150 extended cab, flare side, SPORT package, 2wd, with the 5.4 motor
(I tought her well). I need to start fixing this truck up so I need some help. My questions are these --

* What was the old Lighting motor rated at (HP). What was done to it before they put the supercharer on them.

* Can I swap a gauge cluster out of a non-SC Lighting or a non-SC Harley Davidson F-150?

* When did the clear brake lights start going on the Lightings? and how much are they $ ?

* Are the aftermarket exhaust systems the same as a Lightings - what about the intakes on the non-SC'd Lightings

*Anybody use the DJM 4-6 drop kit for the F-150. We are about to order one but would like to see how low it sits.

Thanks for any Advise [patriot]

[ June 19, 2003, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: O1sscamaroguy ]

--------------------
O1 Camaro SS (pos) - 95 Bagged & Shaved Suburban - 63 Pro Street Nova - 93 S-10 Slammed, Shaved & Tangerine Candy paint -- Life is Too $hort to drive an ugly car
12.6 @ 113 w/a 1.99 60ft. 3.73, Cam, Headers, Tuning, 17x11 w/315 w/SVO #30 injectors see im DOWN Dyno'd 400hp & 400tq (it's dead)
And to think I was going to sell the SS and get an 03 Cobra - NEVER - well maybe now want to trade for a 01 SS

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
99+ Lightnings are all supercharged...The 93-95 lightnings are totally different, but they are NA 351's...The Harley Davidson specials are the trucks your thinkin of....The early models were not supercharged....Harley trucks came supercharged in '02 I believe....

2001 was the first year for clear tail lights on Lightnings...

All the Lighning cat backs are side exit only....The factory Lightnings all had side exhaust...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
-NORCALCOBRA-
¯
Member # 2383

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for -NORCALCOBRA-  Ford pictures for -NORCALCOBRA-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey bro not sure if you are interested but i have a brand new lightning long block for sale for 2500 pm me if you are interseted it is brand new in the crate it is for a 01 lightning

--------------------
H.C.I 285 ci. ported 2003 heads heads, Sullivan Intake, stage 3 cams..T-76 single turbo to come...
R.M.I cylinder head fabrication
408 986 8626

O1sscamaroguy
¯
Member # 2775

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for O1sscamaroguy  Ford pictures for O1sscamaroguy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey I would love to put a lighting motor in her truck [worship] , but it only has 10,000 miles on right now and it has the extended 6 year warrenty [Frown] .
So all the 97-99 Lighting are SC? When did they start making the Harley Davidson edition? 99? What did the gauge cluster look like in the Harleys and Lightings - is there a website that show the different guage clusters.

Where could I go to buy the pinstriped flame kit that come on the Harley Davidson edition?

--------------------
O1 Camaro SS (pos) - 95 Bagged & Shaved Suburban - 63 Pro Street Nova - 93 S-10 Slammed, Shaved & Tangerine Candy paint -- Life is Too $hort to drive an ugly car
12.6 @ 113 w/a 1.99 60ft. 3.73, Cam, Headers, Tuning, 17x11 w/315 w/SVO #30 injectors see im DOWN Dyno'd 400hp & 400tq (it's dead)
And to think I was going to sell the SS and get an 03 Cobra - NEVER - well maybe now want to trade for a 01 SS

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey i have a set of stock sidepipes for a lightning if u want them 20 bucks.

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they didn't make a lightning from 96-98

[ June 19, 2003, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: shade-tree ]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by O1sscamaroguy:

*Anybody use the DJM 4-6 drop kit for the F-150. We are about to order one but would like to see how low it sits.

Thanks for any Advise [patriot]

What is your question on this?

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
O1sscamaroguy
¯
Member # 2775

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for O1sscamaroguy  Ford pictures for O1sscamaroguy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
on the DJM 4-6 drop what dies that look like any pics? how does it ride?

--------------------

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DJM?....Are they good?....I dont know much about trucks, but I thought that "Belltech" were pretty good...

Do both kits come with lowering spindle's?...Do the kits include shocks too?...

Whats the price difference?...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DJM uses front drop control arms and drop coil springs. In the rear they use a flip kit and you need to cut the frame for differential clearance. I like the parts that they offer but you have to install their shocks which are junk and dont last. The Bell Tech system uses front drop coil springs and a choice of rear leaf springs (not recommended if towing or loading) or shackle and hanger kit. The Bell Tech shocks are made by KYB and offer a strong valving for the lowered stance. The Bell tech you dont have to cut the rear frame for clearance and rides better than the DJM. But if the stance is what you are mainly after, a slammed F150 looks bad ass with the DJM. PM me if you have any other questions. I used to set up dealers with custom trucks and suvs. Hope this helps.

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com