Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Think this exhaust setup can be done???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Think this exhaust setup can be done???
y2kgt01
¯
Member # 1257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for y2kgt01  Ford pictures for y2kgt01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ive been wanting to run side exhaust for a while but i dont want all the bends that waste horsepower ive been brainstorming a lot and i got an idea how i want to modify my exhaust, i need some opinions on how well it will work. its a 2001 gt it now has a bassani offroad x, and a bassani catback heres what i really want to do- i want to take a foot and a half off of the x pipe after the x on both sides and bolt up my mufflers dierctly to there. which means my mufflers will be sitting in the middle of the car, then i can have a custom bent pipe run from there diagonally to exit right before the back wheels so i will have a very gentle angle rather then reverse flow style mufflers like on roush's.theres enough room for the mufflers to sit right in the middle i believe i would just need some custom hangers.need some votes on weather you think it can be done at a good exhaust shop. thanks

[ June 17, 2003, 01:02 AM: Message edited by: y2kgt01 ]

1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990GT50  Ford pictures for 1990GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It sounds like it would work, as long as there's room for everything.
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like a good idea. Try it out.

--------------------
Support our troops!

QwikStang
¯
Member # 2933

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QwikStang  Ford pictures for QwikStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used to work at a muffler shop so I figured I'd share my thoughts. You can move the mufflers to the middle of the car but you will have to leave plenty of room for your floorboard which is lower in the middle of the car than it is in the back by the rear axle. I think your mufflers will hang way to low. They will get caught up on everything and it will end up being a nightmare. A Good muffler shop will be one that gives you good advice and I think they will say the same thing.

Let us know what you end up going with. If it works, we would love to see pics.

--------------------
95 GT Vert
1 of 2,584

Where there is no patrol car, there is no speed limit.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/qwikstang

Posts: 573 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com