Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » hood install

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: hood install
bmxer
¯
Member # 1222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bmxer  Ford pictures for bmxer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just replaced my hood with a carbon fiber one. when i close it, it will close but the hood release handle doen't work anymore, and if u pull up on the hood it will pop back open, what can i do so the hood stays closed?
Posts: 212 | From: cerritos, ca | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sell it to me [worship] [worship] how much did you pay for it?? what year is it for??

--------------------
i have a twin turbo mustang and you don't!

bmxer
¯
Member # 1222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bmxer  Ford pictures for bmxer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it fits 94-98, and i paid 500 for it  -
-NORCALCOBRA-
¯
Member # 2383

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for -NORCALCOBRA-  Ford pictures for -NORCALCOBRA-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice hood who makes it

--------------------
H.C.I 285 ci. ported 2003 heads heads, Sullivan Intake, stage 3 cams..T-76 single turbo to come...
R.M.I cylinder head fabrication
408 986 8626

SlowFiveOh94
¯
Member # 2404

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowFiveOh94  Ford pictures for SlowFiveOh94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that thing is tight as fuck....please post who sells it...

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT (Faleen Speedster)

Posts: 1184 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu50Stang  Ford pictures for Blu50Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You sure it's lined up right(the latch)? You should be able to loosen the bolts holding the latch and slide it around. You can also do the same to the latch on the radiator support. Between the two, you should have enough adjustment to get the latch to hold. Nice looking hood by the way. Are you going to paint it, or leave it as is?

-Ross

[ June 14, 2003, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: Blu50Stang ]

--------------------
Ross
'88 GT - 5.0&SF 4/04 | MM&FF 8/09 | MM&FF 79-93 Mustang Performance Cover 12/12
'17 GT350R

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That hood does look damn good! Do they make em for fox bodys yet?

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

bmxer
¯
Member # 1222

i don't know who makes it, and i don't think they have it for the fox bodys. i got it on ebay http://search.ebay.com/s earch/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&query=94+mustang+carbon+fiber+hood&cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&ht=1&from=R10&currdisp=2&itemtimedisp=1&st=2&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&BasicSearch=

[ June 15, 2003, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: bmxer ]

Roush97
¯
Member # 2303

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roush97  Ford pictures for Roush97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You have to take the latch off and grind off or hammer out the 2 pins that hold the latch. Once you do that you should be able to move the latch around to the right position. I just installed a '98 Saleen hood on my Roush and had to do the same thing. Nice hood, I considered one of those prior to getting my Saleen one. How is the quality, fit, and finish? Does it give extra room underneath the hood? Good luck.

--------------------
FS: 1997 Roush Stage 1 GT; 03 cobra engine, T56, and IRS. 415rwhp, 445rwtq----SOLD

Posts: 292 | From: Bay Area California | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
make sure when you get it to latch it stays. i heard of too many people losing hoods on the freeeway

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HOOD PINS...LOL [Big Grin]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com