Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Have cash...what to spend it on??? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Have cash...what to spend it on???
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Right now I have a Bennet racing 306 with 10:1 compression, e-cam, ported stock heads and intake, 65mm TB, Cold air, Griffin radiator, MSD ignition and coil, taylor wires, BBK shorties, Mac catted H, flows, 3.73's with a rebuilt 18 spline trak lok rear end, hurst short throw shifter, steel input shaft on the T5, 17x9 cobra R's, a 5" tach and 3 gauges where the center vents used to be. I think that's it but probably not. Anyways I have about $1700 from my graduation and was thinking of the posibilities on what to get. Here they are:

#1 75mm Pro-M, flex-a-lyte dual 12" electric fans, be cool polished catch can, and Corbeau CR1 seats with 4 point harnesses
#2 same as 1 minus the seats and get a roll bar
#3 same as 1 minus the seats, do a few more gauges on the inside and a Dr. Gas off road X
#4 AFR 185's and an Edelbrock RPM 2 intake manifols, 1.7 rockers
#5 A 150 shot from NX with all the little goodies you can get with it and the Dr.Gas off road X

This is just what I could come up with. Let me know which number you like or come up with another list that can be kept $2000 or lower
ThanksRyan [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well good luck staying under 2000 for number 4, I would go with 5 [Big Grin] or look for a good used supercharer!

[ June 08, 2003, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: mustanggt5091 ]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mustanggt5091:
Well good luck staying under 2000 for number 4

Yeah good luck with that! but if you could get it close to 2k, I would do that!

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get a good set of used heads and a decent intake. That's defnatley whats restricting your car the most.

--------------------
Support our troops!

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i would do this:

track approved rollbar- with ur recent mustang history it might be a good idea, and u will be legal at the track
3g alternator
electric fan
crank and waterpump pullies
100 shot nx gn x 2 and bottle opener

edit-was it u who tried to call my cell with a 650 number, i didnt know who it was so i didnt call back, also, i heard about the alternator weirdness, i feel shitty, i didnt even know there was a problem, once u decide what u are gonna do just give me a holar and i will help u put the stuff in if u want

[ June 08, 2003, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: 66 AC COBRA ]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I already upgraded the alternator to a powermaster chrome 140 amp, and I don't think I can afford the roll bar and shot at the same time. Right now I'm thinking of the NX kit. But I'm not going to order a damn thing until I get a price quote on every single last one of my options. [patriot]

--------------------

-Me

Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn  Ford pictures for Glenn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pick up the heads and cam in the for sale section, and go pick up a used TFS street intake. Save a little more money for all the other stuff you will have to get.

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Posts: 2009 | From: Stationed on a Pacific Island, Guam | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a street intake for sale..
Posts: 2139 | From: SF/DALY CITY/MILLBRAE | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like #4...

Heads and a new intake are $1500.+, so now would be a good time to get them....You can always buy a nitrous kit ($400-$750)and easily add to it when you have a little bit of money and the same goes for your interior....You can always buy new seats and add a roll cage when you get the money...

By the way I hope you already have sub-frame connectors on your vert, if not I would get those first...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the car has full length kenny brown subs, and its stiff as hell around turns for a vert

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
the car has full length kenny brown subs, and its stiff as hell around turns for a vert

Is the vert he has the one you used to own and the one you bought off Mike Ford?

--------------------
Support our troops!

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

yep
but it has new motor, different tranny, new paint, and everything was cleaned up all nice, and i fixed all the ghetto wiring he did with the gauges

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
yep
but it has new motor, different tranny, new paint, and everything was cleaned up all nice, and i fixed all the ghetto wiring he did with the gauges

Cool deal. Glad it's back up in running, if it wern't for you it would just be another fox in a junkyard somewhere.

--------------------
Support our troops!

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

it really was in bad shape when i found it, the car is actually so clean right now, when i had the motor and tranny out i steam cleaned the engine bad and the whole underside of the car, then added a few things plus put in a good motor, and a tranny that doesnt grind, i really have a lot of work in the car and hope it becomes one fast car in the near future

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ryan thoses CR1's are expensive. How much do you plan on spending on them? Cause I was looking around and found them to be about 900 with brackets
Albert

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Ryan go for some E.T. strets and ditch those cobra r's in the rear.J/K bro go for the nitrous it's the biggest bang for your buck. I'll install it for you no sweat .Talk to you later bro .Late.

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

wow I just got an offer from a friend selling an un painted rear decklid with a 93 cobra spoiler on it, meant for a vert for $200 [Eek!] That would look sweet on this car. I also got another check today and I think I can afford the rol bar and seats, while I'm at it with the appearence stuff may as well try and get the decklid too [patriot]

--------------------

-Me

PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Ryan get rid of the luggage rack good call on the trunklid. [Big Grin]

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

yeah I think it's time we start makin her look all purty and stuff. oh and Albert yeah the CR1's were going to run me about $900 also [patriot]

--------------------

-Me

4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yo!!!!! get the nx wet kit and a 6 point roll bar, and for a small fee, i can install it all [patriot]

--------------------
i have a twin turbo mustang and you don't!

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

yeah right now I'm getting the rear decklid with the 93 Cobra spioler on it and a 6 point roll bar. Then we'll see how much I have left after that. [patriot]

--------------------

-Me

castor
¯
Member # 2765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for castor  Ford pictures for castor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man, the only time i've ever gotten money was for chinese new years!!! and now, i actually have to pay out instead of receive!!!
you got 1700 for your graduation?!?!?! holy shit!!!....i've got some nice 1.7 "cobra" rockers for you, brand new! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
SOLD!!! 7/07
Supercharged 92GT
352rwhp [old blower w/3 1/2lbs]
???rwhp w/S-Trim

2010 Acura MDX Tech/Entertainment
2013 Acura TL SH-AWD

Posts: 1457 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

If I was getting the heads I would've hit you up castor but I need the roll bar, and I can't afford both right now [patriot]

--------------------

-Me

92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92coupe  Ford pictures for 92coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DropTopFox:
#4 AFR 185's and an Edelbrock RPM 2 intake manifols, 1.7 rockers
ThanksRyan [patriot]

[Big Grin] i have some TFS R heads o-ringed, coem with hardened push rods and 1.7 RR's. all with less than 200 miles. 2grand takes it, 2100 ill throw in an x-cam. pm me if you interested. [patriot]

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

If I get heads I'm getting AFR 185's [patriot]

--------------------

-Me

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com