Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » the whining noise???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: the whining noise???
1NUT-SAGGIN
¯
Member # 2887

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1NUT-SAGGIN  Ford pictures for 1NUT-SAGGIN  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wy does my mustang whine in the early gears... i got a 91 5.0 from some 1 from this forum and it always did that, is it B cuz maybe it was run on high rpms in low gears????

--------------------
"mouth rapped around the barrel and i taste steel" X RAIDED - THAT SICKNESS

AcesWild85
¯
Member # 2616

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AcesWild85  Ford pictures for AcesWild85    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you have a tremec? Could somebody have possible gotten into your engine and hooked up a supercharger [burnout]

--------------------
College student and U.S. Marine; The possibilities are endless...

Mustangs aren't built; they're born!

Posts: 844 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
1NUT-SAGGIN
¯
Member # 2887

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for 1NUT-SAGGIN  Ford pictures for 1NUT-SAGGIN  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
prolly not, i got my car last year from punkina5.sloe, it has a edelbrock intake manifold and a couple things aren't hooked up like the smog pump egr and pcv.... and i also have another question since i'm asking.. if you have an older stang is the clutch supposed to be always hard... mine is a freakin work out ... always has bin...

--------------------

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1NUT-SAGGIN:
prolly not, i got my car last year from punkina5.sloe, it has a edelbrock intake manifold and a couple things aren't hooked up like the smog pump egr and pcv.... and i also have another question since i'm asking.. if you have an older stang is the clutch supposed to be always hard... mine is a freakin work out ... always has bin...

Sounds like you just have a really stiff clutch like a spec or centerforce or it may just need to be adjusted.

--------------------
Support our troops!

AcesWild85
¯
Member # 2616

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AcesWild85  Ford pictures for AcesWild85    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dunno about your clutch. I have an AOD [Roll Eyes] but my dad said his leg used to get tired of clutching in traffic with his 88 GT. Anyway, if you have a tremec transmission, I know people have said they whine a lot but that always seems to be when they're cruising in 5th. I don't know enough about manuals to be of much help though. When I drove my 87 civic, I could hear the thing whine if I was coasting and I put it in first. Does the whine get louder as you accelerate in the same gear?

--------------------
College student and U.S. Marine; The possibilities are endless...

Mustangs aren't built; they're born!

Posts: 844 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
FORDNUT
CAFords OG
Member # 2348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FORDNUT  Ford pictures for FORDNUT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
your clutch problem could be the cable binding.

I found that my cable burt on the header,made it very stiff.

Posts: 650 | From: Elk Grove,CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
Jerm95gt
Diapers
Member # 1239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerm95gt  Ford pictures for Jerm95gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dude t5's whine like a mofo......everybody's does..........

--------------------
I miss you StoplightWarrior :(

1NUT-SAGGIN
¯
Member # 2887

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for 1NUT-SAGGIN  Ford pictures for 1NUT-SAGGIN  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah it does get louder in acceleration.

... i have a stock t5, but i have a question ford nut on the cable stuff, i was told form 5.0jeep that i might need to change the throw out bearing, cuz i was asking about my clutch staring to make a clicking now when i let go of it.. i don't know, i am hoping i don't have to do the the whole clutch replacement and if i do what should i go with, hopefuly i can just change the throw out but i was thinking while i'm doing that i mught as well change the clutch, as far as i know the t5 tranny is new and hte other parts i don't about.. [Confused]

--------------------

1NUT-SAGGIN
¯
Member # 2887

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1NUT-SAGGIN  Ford pictures for 1NUT-SAGGIN  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jerm95gt:
dude t5's whine like a mofo......everybody's does..........

thanks, i don't really know anyone with a car like mine...

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com