Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Which Cam????

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Which Cam????
Jerm95gt
Diapers
Member # 1239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerm95gt  Ford pictures for Jerm95gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got edelbrock 6037's and keeping stock injectors. 1.7 rr's

I ordered a crane2031 but its back ordered for a few days.......i'm thinking maybe I should have gotten the e303.......does anyone know hte pro's/cons of them.......I like a cool idle but im also all about reliablity... and power....thanks

--------------------
I miss you StoplightWarrior :(

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just swapped out an E303 on 91PONY's car. Swapped it for the X & it idles as smooth as the E.
I swapped the cam, ported the lower intake to match the heads, & swapped the BBK high-flow catted H for an off-road BBK X & gained ~4mph in the 1/4. She went from running 105mph to 109mph.
She runs 1.6 rockers.
For 1.7's the B will perform nearly as well.

All of these cams will pass smog.

BTW...the cam was NOT put in dot-to-dot. [Wink]

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
91PONY had good luck with the X cam. 67stang ran similar or slighly better numbers with another cam, I forgot the maker, but it wasn't FMS, comp or crane.
Jerm95gt
Diapers
Member # 1239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerm95gt  Ford pictures for Jerm95gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is the ecam as reliable as the crane 2031 etc..

if the power is the same, the reliability is the same, and the ecam just sounds cooler i kinda want it instead.

[ June 03, 2003, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: Jerm95gt ]

--------------------
I miss you StoplightWarrior :(

MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ECAM [dance]

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IMO the E is not as good as the 2031.

But with 1.7's it's better then 1.6's.

I'm not impressed with the performance of the E.
For blown applications it's better....but for N/A...there's better cams that are the same price (~$100 used) & will give better performance.

The E has been known to give idle fits. I've been able to make them idle smooth as low as 700rpm, but that's on the more tolerant Fox-body computers.
Of course...the X & B are no better at idling.

[ June 03, 2003, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: 93PONY ]

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree on that 93pony. I will have a custom one done for myself eventually. I got my Ecam cheap and it runs goods for my 150hp 302 [Smile]

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the e cam isnt bad with 1.7's, thats what i have, but i would rather have a b cam if i was gonna stick with ford alphabet soup

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There's a guy on the Corral named Glenn (screenname) that ran 11.8s @ 114 w those heads and a 'baby' crower cam. Might poke around and do a search on the corral to find which one, or just PM him and ask.

[ June 03, 2003, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: shade-tree ]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
91PONY had good luck with the X cam. 67stang ran similar or slighly better numbers with another cam, I forgot the maker, but it wasn't FMS, comp or crane.

Lunati 51023, specifications are 215/224 duration at 0.050" lift, and .522" lift on both the intake and exhaust valve. The cam has a lobe separation angle of 112 degrees. Edelbrock 6037's, and Performer intake. (In an '88 LX)

12.85 @ 108.2 on 1.76 60ft.

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2001/08/efimotor/index.shtml

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
There's a guy on the Corral named Glenn (screenname) that ran 11.8s @ 114 w those heads and a 'baby' crower cam. Might poke around and do a search on the corral to find which one, or just PM him and ask.

the baby crower (pt. # 15510) is a 212/212 114 LSA .531/.531 cam. Glenn ran the 15512 cam 222/228 112 lsa .496/.512 [Wink] His car (11.8 coupe) is also 2900-3000 lbs. That same setup ran a high 12 at 107 in his 95 cobra too [Wink]

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

ci$ko
¯
Member # 2425

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ci$ko  Ford pictures for ci$ko    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im lookin for a good powerfull cam...i want a something that is very aggressive...any suggestions?

i am going to put a blower on down the line..but in the mean time imm doing a h/c/i and i was thinkin about the ford victor jr heads or gt-40s or the trick flows not sure which ones yet

--------------------
2000 GT for sale
89 lx burning up slicks at a track near you
91 bottled gt sold :/
72 chevelle

Posts: 1286 | From: valleJo .7o7. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
Originally posted by 1 FLy5Oh:
im lookin for a good powerfull cam...i want a something that is very aggressive...any suggestions?

i am going to put a blower on down the line..but in the mean time imm doing a h/c/i and i was thinkin about the ford victor jr heads or gt-40s or the trick flows not sure which ones yet

Vic Jr's are great for blown...so are TW's... Personally I like the Highports even better...or some AFR185's.
You don't need an aggressive cam to make gobs of power with a blower. But...there are plenty of mild street cams that'll give plenty of power N/A & perform quite well with a blower.
Compcams XE274HR on a 112LSA is one of them.
TFS stage 1 does pretty good blown, but not so hot N/A. TFS stage 2 does better N/A & Blown...but I'd opt for the XE274 first.

The limitation is smog...only one of those cams will pass the sniffer.

[ June 03, 2003, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: 93PONY ]

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

ci$ko
¯
Member # 2425

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ci$ko  Ford pictures for ci$ko    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well im waiting on the blower...about 6 months...but my car is going to need smog in the next month and it will pass asside from the o/r pipe....but as soon as i get that done im going to put in the h/c/i..so untill then i want a mean ass sounding cam that runs as hard as it sounds =)

--------------------
2000 GT for sale
89 lx burning up slicks at a track near you
91 bottled gt sold :/
72 chevelle

Posts: 1286 | From: valleJo .7o7. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com