Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Bassani Catback

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Bassani Catback
KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone know anything about them. I am looking at the Compition and Racing version for my LX. Anyone have one? How good are they?

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Posts: 1691 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990GT50  Ford pictures for 1990GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have one on my car. it was on when i bought the car so i dont know how much it helped. It seems to work fine but they are pricey. not sure if there is an advantage over cheaper x pipes.
KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not the Xpipes the CAT-BACK. Mufflers and pipes. I really want a low mean loud and great preforming exhaust. I just want to know if anyone has the Catback on their car and how they like it. Also there is a Street Comp one and a Racing one. I have NEVER see the racing one in any stores, but I have heard they are suppose to yield the HIGHEST HP/TQ gains period.

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my friend has a bassani muffler on his integra [Big Grin]
sounds mean!

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you wont feel the gain of just a muffler in a stock car. dont listen to the "cfm" numbers untill you are well into the mods in your car

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

not saying I am expecting to gain anything much in power. Just wonding how good they sound. I think they will perform fine I just want to know what everyone thinks of their sound....on a mustang [Big Grin]

--------------------

WWW.AEDHP.COM

White95GT
¯
Member # 1915

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White95GT  Ford pictures for White95GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive never heard there cat-back on a 5.0 only on a 4.6 and it sounded mean. By the way the 4.6 had a bassani x-pipe w/cats and the catback. Imagine what it would sound like with no cats on a 5.0 [Eek!] . The stainless steel sounds good...im thinking of getting rid of my flowmaster catback and getting bassani since i already have there offroad x-pipe on my 5.0. Bassani is pricy tho.
Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've got the Quiet Thunder cat-back system. I'm not sure if they're worth the price, but they are good quality. I like the removable baffles and without them, they are as loud as my old 2 chamber flowmasters. But, if I were to do it over again, I would have kept the flows for $$$ reasons.

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

quote:
Originally posted by Wolfie351:
I've got the Quiet Thunder cat-back system. I'm not sure if they're worth the price, but they are good quality. I like the removable baffles and without them, they are as loud as my old 2 chamber flowmasters. But, if I were to do it over again, I would have kept the flows for $$$ reasons.

They have also a Street Comp line which is suppose to be a lot louder then the QT. And I am thinking about using the Racing style one its suppose to be the very best and very laud. I guess there is only one way to find out...

--------------------

WWW.AEDHP.COM

White95GT
¯
Member # 1915

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White95GT  Ford pictures for White95GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea im curious to hear what the Racing style sounds like. I dont think that flows are that much louder at all just a different tone. Any idea on how much the racing style costs?
KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

quote:
Originally posted by White95GT:
Yea im curious to hear what the Racing style sounds like. I dont think that flows are that much louder at all just a different tone. Any idea on how much the racing style costs?

750-1000

--------------------

WWW.AEDHP.COM

y2kgt01
¯
Member # 1257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for y2kgt01  Ford pictures for y2kgt01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a bassani offorad x with the bassani cat back on my car and it sounds sick.i love bassani i had a flowmaster cat back before and im much happier with the bassani exhaust. when it gets up in the rmps it sounds like an indy car when i pass people. it sounds like a muscle car below 3k then once u get above it starts to get a bit higher like indy cars. thats the best way to describe it. also when you are on the gas they are just as loud as any 2 chamber flows if not louder but when u are cruising they are a lot quieter. hope that helps

[ June 02, 2003, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: y2kgt01 ]

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
people think I'm an idiot for saying this, but I still prefer the flowmaster 2-chamber sound over anything else I've heard from a 302.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by KCmustangboy:
quote:

750-1000
[Eek!]
that money can go towards doing gears and 31 spline next week, i think the flows are fine, everyone has them but who cares, u can always say, well i have a gunmy green coupe ,top that for original [Razz]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
quote:
quote:

750-1000
[Eek!]
that money can go towards doing gears and 31 spline next week, i think the flows are fine, everyone has them but who cares, u can always say, well i have a gunmy green coupe ,top that for original [Razz]

Ever have a friend you like and hate at the same time... [Big Grin] ok ok I will stick with the flows...for now.

--------------------

WWW.AEDHP.COM

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

750-1000
[Eek!]

Ever have a friend you like and hate at the same time... [Big Grin] ok ok I will stick with the flows...for now.
i win again ahahahaha, but then gain i lose because im doin gears on ur car [Frown]
j/k [Razz]
and yes, ur one of those friends [Big Grin]

remember the headgasket swap and i thought i was up for a while, in the last 80 hours of this week i have slept for 9 hours, so tired but its so hard to sleep

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used to be able to set off car alarms in parking garages with no problems (with the 2 chamber flows). Now, with the QT, it doesn't have that deep rumble at low RPMs

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

750-1000
[Eek!]

i win again ahahahaha, but then gain i lose because im doin gears on ur car [Frown]
j/k [Razz]
and yes, ur one of those friends [Big Grin]

remember the headgasket swap and i thought i was up for a while, in the last 80 hours of this week i have slept for 9 hours, so tired but its so hard to sleep

Oh just so you know you just cost yourself some welding, one of my flowmasters needs a touch-up [Big Grin] hehehe

--------------------

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com