Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Paxton Pulley for my SN2000 supercharger

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Paxton Pulley for my SN2000 supercharger
castor
¯
Member # 2765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for castor  Ford pictures for castor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
before i call paradise wheels, i'd like to run this by everyone here:

this is the basic kit which only puts out about 5 psi and with the modified impeller, which i have, it's about 6-7, i believe.
is there a pulley i can purchase for this kit that would increase my boost like they do for the larger superchargers?
also, i've been told that if i do find one and use it, it would bust up the internals.

thanks!

--------------------
SOLD!!! 7/07
Supercharged 92GT
352rwhp [old blower w/3 1/2lbs]
???rwhp w/S-Trim

2010 Acura MDX Tech/Entertainment
2013 Acura TL SH-AWD

Posts: 1457 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
castor
¯
Member # 2765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for castor  Ford pictures for castor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ttt

--------------------
SOLD!!! 7/07
Supercharged 92GT
???rwhp w/S-Trim

2013 Acura TL SH-AWD

Loren
¯
Member # 925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loren  Ford pictures for Loren    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You might want to call ASP auto specialties products. They may know what you need. I saw this on ebay. Im not sure how much boost or if it would even fit. Maybe the seller knows.
Early Paxton Cog system

Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn  Ford pictures for Glenn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was told awhile back by paradise if you try to squeeze more HP out of the SN chargers with a a different pulley, it really lowers the life of the blower.

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Posts: 2009 | From: Stationed on a Pacific Island, Guam | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
castor
¯
Member # 2765

quote:
Originally posted by Glenn:
I was told awhile back by paradise if you try to squeeze more HP out of the SN chargers with a a different pulley, it really lowers the life of the blower.

yeah, that's what i've heard and figured that paradise would say that. thanks...wonder how much of a gain i would get with a powerpipe, if any.

thanks

--------------------
SOLD!!! 7/07
Supercharged 92GT
???rwhp w/S-Trim

2013 Acura TL SH-AWD

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com