Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » steeda x2 ball joint?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: steeda x2 ball joint?
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if anyone could let me know or give me some advice...i have an 02 gt w/ a 1.75" drop all the way around but i want the front lower so i was considering the X2 ball joints but was wondering if you had to use the bump steer kit with it...if that's too much trouble would it be easier to just switch springs...i plan on puttin 18" r's in the future...what would guys recomend....

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

MrMagooo
¯
Member # 2542

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrMagooo  Ford pictures for MrMagooo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a 99 with the x2 ball joints and the bump steer kit and it works great, the x2's didn't fix it completely so i put the bump steer kit in and now it drives a 100 times better

--------------------
99 Laser Red GT
02 954 RR

rokcrln
¯
Member # 2536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokcrln  Ford pictures for rokcrln    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go with MRMAGOOO's info.
The ball joints lower the spindle with out lowering the A-arm any more and this is were the bump steer comes into play. What you want is the tie rod running in paralell with the A-arm. If it is out you get bump steer if not you are good to go. The bump steer kit helps out a bunch but if you through it out to much you are stuck. Keep your springs and add the x2 things and a bump steer kit. Is it alot to do yes can you get by with lees sure, Do we want to here about it later NO so do it right!!

--------------------
71 Bronco stock (for now) w/59k miles.
73 Bronco EFI 351W
71 Chevy PU w/Vett LT1

Posts: 448 | From: Winters Ca. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jason (Bounty Hunter) had a set for sale last month. Pm him

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com