Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Converting from R-12 to 134A?'S

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Converting from R-12 to 134A?'S
rokcrln
¯
Member # 2536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokcrln  Ford pictures for rokcrln    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 91 and need to redo the A/C system and wanted to know if any one know s whats required to convert over to 134. My system is complete just empty so thought I would check into it.

--------------------
71 Bronco stock (for now) w/59k miles.
73 Bronco EFI 351W
71 Chevy PU w/Vett LT1

Posts: 448 | From: Winters Ca. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
RTornio
¯
Member # 2289

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RTornio  Ford pictures for RTornio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Basically the oil in the system needs to be changed from Esther oil (R12) to Pag oil (R134a). And all of the o-rings in the system will need to be changed as well. The receiver/dryer and expansion valve may also need to be replaced. Many places sell conversion kits for most cars, its usually something around 100-200 bucks including the refrigerant for the kit depending on what needs to be replaced....

--------------------
Current Rides:
2014 Lexus IS250 FSport
2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 5.7 TRD 4x4
2010 Toyota Sienna Limited
1988 Ford Mustang GT 306ci

Posts: 220 | From: Fremont, Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
rokcrln
¯
Member # 2536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokcrln  Ford pictures for rokcrln    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any places that you know of that sell these kits?

Also I noticed you are in to LT1's. Once I finish the mustang I need to get with you for some advice on my 71 chevy pu. I have a 93 vette LT1 but am having problems with the re-program or the Painless harness. Then it is cam time!

--------------------
71 Bronco stock (for now) w/59k miles.
73 Bronco EFI 351W
71 Chevy PU w/Vett LT1

Posts: 448 | From: Winters Ca. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com