Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » NX Soleniod Question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NX Soleniod Question
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any reason why the N2O soleniod should be open when there is absolutely no power to it? [Confused]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ummm, no?
Sounds like it is stuck. Can you disassemble it?

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not sure if I should take it apart. It is brand new and hasn't even been used. But today when I hooked up the bottle and opened it to check the system for leaks, solenoid is wide open allowing the N2O to go right through to the injection tip [Confused]

--------------------
AED

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wouldn't dissasemble it if it's brand new. Send it back!

--------------------
Support our troops!

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well,
It only has a coil, spring and shaft prolly held together w/ a c-clip. But it sounds like it is an out-of-box faillure to me.

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

I very much dislaike parts that come pre-broken [Embarrassed]

--------------------
AED

customN2O
¯
Member # 914

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for customN2O  Ford pictures for customN2O  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its not broken. Make sure the nitrous line is connected to the side port marked N2O, then the purge solenoid is connected to the 1/8 inch port marked with a P, and then the line to the nozzle connects to the 1/8 inch port on the BOTTOM of the solenoid. Try that, then call me if it still doesnt work.
925-998-1517

--------------------
[img]http://www.zimmermanmotorsports.com/zimban2.gif[/img]

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by customN2O:
Its not broken. Make sure the nitrous line is connected to the side port marked N2O, then the purge solenoid is connected to the 1/8 inch port marked with a P, and then the line to the nozzle connects to the 1/8 inch port on the BOTTOM of the solenoid. Try that, then call me if it still doesnt work.
925-998-1517

Yep thats what it be! Trying to get these pieces off are a biotch, glad to see the loc-tite stuff works well [Eek!] [Mad]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com