Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Fuel pressure?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fuel pressure?
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 97 gt with a vortech s-trim. I'm getting ready to install aftercooler, 3.33 pulley, 30lb injectors, walbro 255, 80mm PRO-M, and areomotive fuel pressure regulator. So what should I set the F/P to?

--------------------
" Friends come and go but enemies Accumulate"

'Fight Crime Shoot First'

91 5.0
¯
Member # 1527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0  Ford pictures for 91 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No FMU????? With no FMU and no custom tune/chip, your gonna either run rich on the bottom or lean on top.

--------------------
02 GT - Zinc Yellow
91 5.0 LX - Red

Posts: 1316 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
LAST302
¯
Member # 808

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LAST302  Ford pictures for LAST302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You are messing with danger if you have no fmu or chip. If that is the case I would get ahold of Byron(Racesystems) or Joe at Mustang Ranch and get some advice. I put a blower on a couple of years ago with similar fuel parts with no tune or fmu and blew a head gasket and did other damage on the way to the gas station five minutes after bolting the blower on. Dont think you can get away with it for a short time even if you say to yourself that you will drive cool because I never took my car over 3000rpms and I caused serious damage. Just some advice!!
Posts: 1147 | From: Disco Bay | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I'm not puting everything on until this weekend and will be at apex next saturday for my tune.

--------------------

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
With a properly calibrated MAF and the appropriate size injectors you should not need a chip or an FMU. The only way to know for sure is by using a wideband o2.

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd set the FP to 40psi with the vacumn line disconnected for starters.

--------------------

ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff S:
With a properly calibrated MAF and the appropriate size injectors you should not need a chip or an FMU. The only way to know for sure is by using a wideband o2.

If by chance pro-m does calibrate the MAF correctly is what I stated in my first post a good balance for my fuel system?

--------------------

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

quote:
Originally posted by ihatethesesns:
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff S:

If by chance pro-m does calibrate the MAF correctly is what I stated in my first post a good balance for my fuel system?
Looks like it should work just fine. You should be able to get your A/F ratio where you want it just by playing with FP

--------------------

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, with the combo you listed, it should make low 300ish rwhp. 30 lbs injectors at 45ish PSI should be plenty.
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Thanks for your the input guys.
Hey Jeff what's the name of Joe John's shop in san jose just out of curiosity? This guy at work told me his cousin had a bad mustang yadda yadda and if I ever needed parts or advice to talk with him. Didn't really pay much attention seeing everybody knows some one with a "bad ass mustang", then the other day he said check out unlimited that his car maybe on there.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com