Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » FLOWING HEADS?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: FLOWING HEADS?
MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who flows head around here? What is the average rate? Is anyone doing the extrude hone thing anymore? Reason I am asking is the heads I have now on my ride have been on a 95 Cobra that made 450rwhp http://www.netwizards.net/~thndr50/video/cobra_m.mpg)but I want to match a cam for the heads. I am assuming to accurately get a cam I have to know the head flow.

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Gromm Racing Heads
664 Stockton Ave. #J
San Jose, CA 95126
(408) 287-1301

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn it...I totally forgot about them. Thanks.

--------------------

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You're welcome, damnit. Looks like they are local to you. And yes, head flow would make the cam choice much more accurate.
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
And yes, head flow would make the cam choice much more accurate.

[patriot]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
elgin cams and cranks in redwood city. it's $50.
go to this website for more info

Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

quote:
Originally posted by Chris M.:
elgin cams and cranks in redwood city. it's $50.
go to this website for more info

Thanks Chris.

--------------------

Chris M.
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they will also help you select a cam if you'd like. Dema's a smart guy.

oh and for local head work i'd suggest Bayshore Engine Rebuilders in SF. (415) 647-9575
If you decide to call just tell Dave that Chris with the primer black mustang sent you cuz that'll get me free stuff. [Wink]

[ May 19, 2003, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: Chris M. ]

MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

quote:

I am trying to get the most of what I have. Id rather spend the money to get the right parts and not choose an off the shelf cam that doesnt do anything but make noise. Too many people in this business offer too much bad advise. Here are the flow numbers-this is the engine...make me a cam for it. Done.

--------------------

Chris M.
Member # 1708

quote:
Originally posted by MR GO FAST:
quote:

I am trying to get the most of what I have. Id rather spend the money to get the right parts and not choose an off the shelf cam that doesnt do anything but make noise. Too many people in this business offer too much bad advise. Here are the flow numbers-this is the engine...make me a cam for it. Done.
this is a quote straight from their website
quote:
Our primary concern is to grind the optimal camshaft for your engine. We do not mass produce a series of camshafts and have you pick one that is about right. Our intention is to grind a camshaft that is exactly right. With this in mind, it is almost against our philosophy to produce a catalog.
if you want to stop by and talk to them they're at 53 Perry Street Redwood City, CA 94063, just off broadway between the train tracks and el camino.
MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:
Our primary concern is to grind the optimal camshaft for your engine. We do not mass produce a series of camshafts and have you pick one that is about right. Our intention is to grind a camshaft that is exactly right. With this in mind, it is almost against our philosophy to produce a catalog.
if you want to stop by and talk to them they're at 53 Perry Street Redwood City, CA 94063, just off broadway between the train tracks and el camino.

Got kicked out of the bar next to it...i know exactly where its at. Thanks.

--------------------

Chris M.
Member # 1708

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

Got kicked out of the bar next to it...i know exactly where its at. Thanks.
if you remember then i guess that means you weren't drunk enough

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com