Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Hooker super comp. / AFR 205's?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Hooker super comp. / AFR 205's?
Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tinner  Ford pictures for Tinner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Will Hooker super competition swap headers work w/ a 408w w/ AFR 205's in a 65 mustang ? will the 1/8" higher ports on the 205's give too much trouble ?

Thanks,
Tinner

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph
now with a little more power it goes 135mph+ on 18" DRs

Posts: 835 | From: santa rosa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
first no super comps "will" work with any 351w heads in a 65. expect a few tubes to "clearance themselves" after you get them in there.

I have a 67 with a 408 and tfs standard port heads and scomp engine swap headers. the passenger side is an awesome fit but the driver side collector isn't low enough. i don't really know what it looks like under a 65 but on 67s then have triangular reinforcements from the frame to the floorboards and the collector aims RIGHT AT IT. i had to have a fairly large bend put in right at the collector and dimple my 3" pipe slightly. So in other words... if it's anything like a 67 under the car then NO the 1/8" higher exhaust ports will not only raise the header up more but move it out toward the frame where the triangular reinforcements are lower creating more of a clearance problem.

buy them from summit anyway and see if they fit, if they don't then send them back to summit (just don't run your car with them), they'll take back anything.

If they don't fit then I suggest installing a Heidts mustang II kit and take the car to lemon's headers in LA. [worship]

Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com