Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » NEW INTAKE?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NEW INTAKE?
MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.racepartsdirect.com/detail.asp?ProductID=286

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
castor
¯
Member # 2765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for castor  Ford pictures for castor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cheap price.

--------------------
SOLD!!! 7/07
Supercharged 92GT
352rwhp [old blower w/3 1/2lbs]
???rwhp w/S-Trim

2010 Acura MDX Tech/Entertainment
2013 Acura TL SH-AWD

Posts: 1457 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Never heard of the place or the intake. Sure looks like a copy of the edelbrock performer.

--------------------

castor
¯
Member # 2765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for castor  Ford pictures for castor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yep

--------------------
SOLD!!! 7/07
Supercharged 92GT
352rwhp [old blower w/3 1/2lbs]
???rwhp w/S-Trim

2010 Acura MDX Tech/Entertainment
2013 Acura TL SH-AWD

Posts: 1457 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you pick up a copy of mm&ff with john's car in it they have a short little thing about that intake. they're out of hawthorne, ca. It's cheaper and is said to slightly out flow the eldbrock intake eventhough it shares all the same edlebrock gaskets.
Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Got it...thanks.

--------------------

Bill/APEX Motorsports
¯
Member # 636

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill/APEX Motorsports  Ford pictures for Bill/APEX Motorsports  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I talked to someone (a competent guy who works on his own car) who used that intake, and he said the fit was horrible. Nothing lined up properly, and it was a major pain to fix all the things that were wrong with it.
I'm just relaying what he said...I have no personal experience with it.

--------------------
Bill Kaiser
APEX Motorsports
Santa Clara
www.apexmotorsports.com
408-562-1000
bill@apexmotorsports.com

Posts: 488 | From: Santa Clara, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

quote:
Originally posted by Bill/APEX Motorsports:
I talked to someone (a competent guy who works on his own car) who used that intake, and he said the fit was horrible. Nothing lined up properly, and it was a major pain to fix all the things that were wrong with it.

I looked at that website. I will wait and see on that one. I am leaning towards the the new Edelbrock RPM 2. With a new cam when my motor goes that is. Collecting parts for now.

--------------------

Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MR GO FAST:
quote:

I looked at that website. I will wait and see on that one. I am leaning towards the the new Edelbrock RPM 2. With a new cam when my motor goes that is. Collecting parts for now.
vortech mondo cooler with a blower... i hear that intake is good for a few hp over the stock intake. [patriot]
Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I believe shade tree is or was running that intake. He said the fitment was horrible. PM him if you need more info.
Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

that was exactly my experience.

If you're handy with the die grinder for about 6 hourse, pick up all your own vacuum lines, and don't mind picking up a complete heli-coil set this is the intake for you.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
quote:

that was exactly my experience.

If you're handy with the die grinder for about 6 hourse, pick up all your own vacuum lines, and don't mind picking up a complete heli-coil set this is the intake for you.

Sounds like a real winner... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Posts: 1691 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com