Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Anyone know how to fix the following codes

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone know how to fix the following codes
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im getting P0133 and P0153 their for the front o2s anyone know how to resolve these.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
have you tried unpluging the bat. (im sure you have)

I would disconnect the bat. remove the 02 sensor, spray them down with WD40 if they have alot of black build up spray them and clean them with a soft cloth. Install them back on and replug your battery, that might do it, unless the wires are burned or the sensor melted on the inside of the 02.

Hope this helps

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IS WD-40 safe for the sensors? I've always used a propane torch to clean them.
KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:

And now I must ask! Is a torch safe for the sensors!?!? [Eek!]

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Posts: 1691 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I have never had a problem with it
its just a water diperser which helps prevent rust, I have always used it
never had a problem , you can also use breake cleaner. all your doing is cleaning the metal on the sensor.

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

quote:
Originally posted by KCmustangboy:
quote:

yea it is
all he is doing with a torch is burning of all the black build up, which is the same as useing wd40 and whipeing off the build up

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

How is a torch different than whats coming out the ehxhaust port [Smile]

I remember way back when, there use to be some chemical that killed O2 sensors... forgot what it was. I know some sealants had it.

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

quote:
quote:
quote:

How is a torch different than whats coming out the ehxhaust port [Smile]

I remember way back when, there use to be some chemical that killed O2 sensors... forgot what it was. I know some sealants had it.

hmm well I never had a problem with all the o2 that I have cleaned
which have done to every car that I have fixed or put a new motor
I always clean the 02 with wd40 before I put the motor back in

It should not kill 02 sensors unless its has acid which would burn into then metal exposing the element inside

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Bullitt208
¯
Member # 441

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt208  Ford pictures for Bullitt208    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
Im getting P0133 and P0153 their for the front o2s anyone know how to resolve these.

Mark,

You probably already know, but those codes are for slow responding O2 sensors. P0133 is Bank 1 sensor 1 and P0153 is bank 2 sensor 1.

This is pretty typical when you install Long Tube headers, as it causes problems with the self diagnostic the computer runs to check the O2 feedback loop.

I had the same problem when I installed my Long Tubes. I reset the codes three times and then just decided I would live with the MIL. After I drove the car for a couple of weeks with the MIL on, it turned off. I beleive the computer must have relearned the delay in the test loop and the light hasn't come on again.

It isn't anything to worry about, and it will more than likely correct itself in the next couple of weeks of driving. Now, take it to the track and get some 12 second time slips on motor and be happy!

Eric

Posts: 297 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I clean my O2's with a torch that is not the first time I have heard that!!! I make them glow orange!! [Razz]

--------------------
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

quote:
Originally posted by Bullitt208:
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:

Mark,

You probably already know, but those codes are for slow responding O2 sensors. P0133 is Bank 1 sensor 1 and P0153 is bank 2 sensor 1.

This is pretty typical when you install Long Tube headers, as it causes problems with the self diagnostic the computer runs to check the O2 feedback loop.

I had the same problem when I installed my Long Tubes. I reset the codes three times and then just decided I would live with the MIL. After I drove the car for a couple of weeks with the MIL on, it turned off. I beleive the computer must have relearned the delay in the test loop and the light hasn't come on again.

It isn't anything to worry about, and it will more than likely correct itself in the next couple of weeks of driving. Now, take it to the track and get some 12 second time slips on motor and be happy!

Eric

sounds like you let the car burn off the carbon
then it went away
well sometimes it dont work
you need to remove them and clean them

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm gonna try taking them out and cleaning them. Thanks guys.
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

so did you get you problem fixed

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

I havnet had a chance to take them out and clean them. The light comes on and will shut off sometimes. Right now its off but I'm sure its going to come back on. Hopefully tomorrow I will have some time to take them out and clean them.
KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How long does it take to take out some O2s? I mean really.... [Big Grin]

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Posts: 1691 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com