Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » "performance" alignment

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: "performance" alignment
j_yates78
¯
Member # 1791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j_yates78  Ford pictures for j_yates78    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does anyone know where to get an alignment done on my cobra for a reasonable price? I had a bent tie rod and i need an alignment but i don;t have 200 bucks to spend on a "performance alignment". i have the print sheet of what my last alingment numbers are will that help?

I live in the southbay, so sanjose area would be best?

thanks

--------------------
99 Cobra HCI/Vortech
Koni Yellows
Griggs Subs
Eibach Springs
MM C/C plates
4.10's

Posts: 148 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Cobra 427
¯
Member # 755

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobra 427  Ford pictures for Cobra 427    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Custom Alignment in Mtvw is the best. They've worked on my Bullitt and Cobra 427 S/C. Excellent work. Highly recommended!

Have Fun,
Randy R...

Posts: 95 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn  Ford pictures for Glenn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 427:
Custom Alignment in Mtvw is the best. They've worked on my Bullitt and Cobra 427 S/C. Excellent work. Highly recommended!

Have Fun,
Randy R...

do you have an address?

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Posts: 2009 | From: Stationed on a Pacific Island, Guam | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 427:

Have Fun,
Randy R...

do you have an address?
Custom Alignment-Balance
2599 Wyandotte St, Mountain View, CA 94043
Phone: (650) 961-5311

Posts: 837 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i went to big o and gave them the specs i wanted. too bad they hammered the shit out of my CC plates

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HungryHippo:
i went to big o and gave them the specs i wanted. too bad they hammered the shit out of my CC plates

That sucks!!!...What CC plates do you have?

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
maximum motorsports, oh well i got them for 55 bucks [Smile]

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT  Ford pictures for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
alignment shops can be gorillas firestone in huntington beach cracked both of my racecraft cc plates.

--------------------
89 Saleen vert Bounty Hunter racing

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1324&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=

Its all stock and slow wanna run.

j_yates78
¯
Member # 1791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j_yates78  Ford pictures for j_yates78    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks i will give them a call.

--------------------
99 Cobra HCI/Vortech
Koni Yellows
Griggs Subs
Eibach Springs
MM C/C plates
4.10's

Posts: 148 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
1BAD2V
Screwed and Sprayed
Member # 2495

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 1BAD2V  Ford pictures for 1BAD2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try APEX Motorsports in santa clara..i think they charge $120 for a performance alignement..and you might be able to get a 10% discount on top of it since you are a CAFords member [Smile]

--------------------
01 MG GT
Some mods

Posts: 552 | From: Los Angeles,CA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the alignment shop that Maier Racing sends their cars too is very reasonable and very "performance" oriented. I cant recall the name off the top of my head by they are right next door to Maiers. The next guy I would ask is Elliot of Mustang Corral in Santa Clara -he knows his shit.

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

Red97SVT
¯
Member # 2811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red97SVT  Ford pictures for Red97SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had my "original" bump steer alignment with the Griggs set up aligned at Custom Alignment. They do really good work and are one of the few companies in NoCal that really know how to do a perf alignment. That being the case they are usually very backed up.

I needed an alignment in a hurry (tires are expensive and I commute in my Cobra) and took my car to the America Tire (?) next to the Ducati dealer on El Camino. Not sure if that is Sunnyvale or Mtn. View. Any way, they had no problem doing it and did a real nice job. Do bring your previous print out though so there is no question as to what you want.

[ May 13, 2003, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: Red97SVT ]

--------------------
Engine: HCI forged 0.30' over N/A.
Suspension: Full Griggs by Apex.
Drive train: T-56, Auburn pro, 31 spline axles, 3.73s.

Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Red97SVT:
I had my "original" bump steer alignment with the Griggs set up aligned at Custom Alignment. They do really good work and are one of the few companies in NoCal that really know how to do a perf alignment. That being the case they are usually very backed up.

I needed an alignment in a hurry (tires are expensive and I commute in my Cobra) and took my car to the America Tire (?) next to the Ducati dealer on El Camino. Not sure if that is Sunnyvale or Mtn. View. Any way, they had no problem doing it and did a real nice job. Do bring your previous print out though so there is no question as to what you want.

What is your setup? Cole also did my motor, and I have the griggs autoX/opentrack kit.

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com