Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Changing seats question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Changing seats question
GTSLN97
¯
Member # 1849

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GTSLN97  Ford pictures for GTSLN97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey, I got some newer seats in my car. I have a 97 and the new seats are from a 99 saleen. They have a different wiring harness. Does anyone know a good way too hook these up. and which plug to use (there is a 2 prong plug and a 4 prong plug). I was trying to rig somethign with the 2 prong plug but had no success. I'm sure someone else has tried this before.
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can you use wire connectors? Are the colors the same?
GTSLN97
¯
Member # 1849

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GTSLN97  Ford pictures for GTSLN97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I tried that with the 2 prong one, no luck.. I havnt had a chance to mess with the 4 prong plug, im guessing thats the one that controls it all.
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can you change the seat and use your old brackets? Or do the Saleen seats not use the factory style mounting?

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ghetto rig it
cut all the connectors off and splice them together. if you dont want to do that then cut the harness off your old seat and use that on the new seat. if a 97 is the same as a 94 then you only have 2 wires while the 99+ seat has 4. 1 is unused and 2 are for power, you can splice them together

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

GTSLN97
¯
Member # 1849

quote:
Originally posted by HungryHippo:
ghetto rig it
cut all the connectors off and splice them together. if you dont want to do that then cut the harness off your old seat and use that on the new seat. if a 97 is the same as a 94 then you only have 2 wires while the 99+ seat has 4. 1 is unused and 2 are for power, you can splice them together

thanks thats what i needed to know. do you know whitch ones are used, because the new seat has a 4 wire plug.
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont remember exactly, but i think the 2 green wires you can splice into 1, they are both for power. then one is ground, probably a fat wire. then the last skinny wire is unused

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

GTSLN97
¯
Member # 1849

yeah i figured it out. works perfect now! thanks for all the help!
Stan
¯
Member # 890

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stan  Ford pictures for Stan    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glad to hear they worked out for you... [Big Grin]

Stan

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com