Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » HELP: 98 COBRA CNVT. will not start

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP: 98 COBRA CNVT. will not start
outlawd94cobra
SR.CITIZEN
Member # 265

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for outlawd94cobra  Ford pictures for outlawd94cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A few weeks ago my cousin's 98 cobra would not start. Power would go on, but the car would not crank. He ended up changing the starter, plugs, and wires.

Nada

Took the car to the dealership, and they said it was the "antitheft module" located at the rear of the Cobra (underneath the top storage area)Stated water came in through the seal of the rear window and short circuited the module. They supposively by-passed the "module" and got the car running for 150 dollars.

3 Weeks Ago

Same scenario, took the car back to the dealer,diagnosed the car, replaced the whole "antitheft module", charged 500 dollars. Car ran fine.

Now

SAME PROBLEM. Opened up this so-called "module" and some connections and/or chips are fried. What now? The car is not under warranty anymore, but they replaced this part 3 weeks ago and they wont fix it now for free. Stated car must have another short causing it to break down and they would need to re-diagnose for more $$$$. Shouldnt they be obligated to fix this problem? Caught it the first time if they "supposively" diagnosed the car the first time? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LOUIS
(209)467-0493

--------------------
CRYSTAL WHITE 1994 COBRA; TOTALED
RIO RED 1994 COBRA INDY PACE CAR; SOLD(now in VACAVILLE)
(#18 of 1000)
BLACK 2002 GT Vert' AUTO; GONE!

Posts: 635 | From: Stockton, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  :
hopdup95
¯
Member # 2381

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopdup95  Ford pictures for hopdup95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They should be willing to replace it no questions asked. I have friends that work for Ford so they always help me out, but in any case a part that is 3 weeks old should be covered by them. Even if they charge for labor they should still replace the part for free. He needs to talk to someone higher than who he talked to. It is crap for a 3 week old part to go out and them not replace it. Try Ford again.
Posts: 486 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Take it to them again thats a bunch of crap...Also Call BAR, might even let them know your calling them too. They should have to fix that.

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Posts: 1691 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
outlawd94cobra
SR.CITIZEN
Member # 265

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for outlawd94cobra  Ford pictures for outlawd94cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any other suggestions anyone?

--------------------
(#18 of 1000)

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go to ford and raise hell with them infront of the sales people, making a big seen isnt a great thing to do but it is a last resort, by u meesin with them it could scare off other potential customers so they will take care of u to keep u queit, and if they wont fix it, go to BAR and report there ass

which ford dealer is it anyway, i might now someone there that can help u

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
tell them youll call the Better business Bearau and youll let some local papers know how they are fucking you/him

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

outlawd94cobra
SR.CITIZEN
Member # 265

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for outlawd94cobra  Ford pictures for outlawd94cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Big Valley Ford- Stockton, Ca

--------------------
(#18 of 1000)

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nope, i know people at lithia, walnut creek, san rafeal, green valley, and east bay, but no one at stockton, sorry bout that, maybe next time

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who do u know at san rafael? i know a slut that works the phones

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

HDS
¯
Member # 2109

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HDS  Ford pictures for HDS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tell him, I'll trade him my 95 Vert
for the Cobra!!

It doesn't quit!!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com