Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » my combo??? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: my combo???
92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92coupe  Ford pictures for 92coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so here is what my car is gonna have soon : 302ci , forged pistons, brande new crank & rods, high performance piston rings and bearings, x-303 cam (.542 lift) hopefully getting a bigger cam, TFS R series heads ported and o-ringed, hardened push rods, 1.7 roller rockers, hooker 1 3/4 long tube headers, shorty x-pipe, track heat intake (probably port matched) , 7qt oil pan, 24# injectors, 255lph intake fuel pump, 4:10 rear gears, 3k rpm stall, shift kit, 73mm maf, 75mm throttle body, most likely a blower when i get bored with it. well what do you guys think???

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT  Ford pictures for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
first off your heads are way way too big for your cam and rpm range sell them and get a set of ported tfs wedge or afr 185s second you cant put long tube headers on a shorty h pipe basically your combination is all wrong and the car will run like a pig on the street.

--------------------
89 Saleen vert Bounty Hunter racing

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1324&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=

Its all stock and slow wanna run.

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like a bad ass combo, but that cam is gonna make 576 lift with the 1.7 rockers [Eek!] , and i would say step up to the 30# injectors, a calibration tube for my cnl that u bought from me is only $30, just my .02

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Joshs Ford
¯
Member # 801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joshs Ford  Ford pictures for Joshs Ford    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BOUNTY HUNTER VERT:
second you cant put long tube headers on a shorty h pipe

When you put long tube headers on a mustang...you have to use a short X pipe (or h whatever). Becuase the long tubes come down farther then shorties do (thus the names, shorty and long tubes).
Posts: 692 | From: San Ramon CA, | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92coupe  Ford pictures for 92coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
first off your heads are way way too big for your cam and rpm range sell them and get a set of ported tfs wedge or afr 185s second you cant put long tube headers on a shorty h pipe basically your combination is all wrong and the car will run like a pig on the street.

the heads might be a little to much, but not that bad. and when i say shorty x-pipe i mean for long tubes, not a shorty x-pipe for SHORTY headers. its called a shorty x-pipe because its short, not because its for shorty headers.

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT  Ford pictures for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the reason the combo is bad is ported tfs rs with a hydraulic roller= no port velocity bad idel no low midrange power or torque

--------------------

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1324&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=

92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
sounds like a bad ass combo, but that cam is gonna make 576 lift with the 1.7 rockers [Eek!] , and i would say step up to the 30# injectors, a calibration tube for my cnl that u bought from me is only $30, just my .02

i dont think ill need 30's, not until i get a blower anyways. i dont know, if i need them i guess ill have to get them.

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

ported tfs Rs with a x cam roflmao waste of time I am basing this on the 2 sets of tfs rs i have owned lol and they were on a 393 and a 488 not a stock block 302 lol

--------------------

92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

quote:
the reason the combo is bad is ported tfs rs with a hydraulic roller= no port velocity bad idel no low midrange power or torque

oh i know it will be a dog off the line, but top end it will scream like no other. besides, it will help keep the car for streetable.

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

quote:
ported tfs Rs with a x cam roflmao waste of time I am basing this on the 2 sets of tfs rs i have owned lol and they were on a 393 and a 488 not a stock block 302 lol

where did i say stock block 302?? it actuolly had 10:1 comp. ratio.

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

with the hydraulic roller it wont have any top end you will float at about 6700 for those heads to work you need 7k rpm plus a solid roller and a hell of alot of otherstuff

--------------------

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

10-1 isnt the block

--------------------

92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

didnt know you meant the actuol block, and i dont know about floating, when it was running it pulled up to 7,500 with a r- series intake.

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

was that on the stock tach roflamo you know that the 5.0 efi has a factory rev limiter set at 6250

--------------------

KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes the heads are way to big, Yes you need 30s even with smaller heads. Listen to the advice or your going to be either running embrassing ET's or breaking parts.

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Posts: 1691 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

quote:
was that on the stock tach roflamo you know that the 5.0 efi has a factory rev limiter set at 6250

no that wasnt the stock tach, and im well aware of the rev-limiter. did you know that he had replaced all the stock electronics so that didnt matter?? he had his rev-limiter set at 7,500 and it ran hard until it couldnt anymore.

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

with that combo probably high 15s

--------------------

KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
with that combo probably high 15s

come on bounty with some good driving he could be around the 15.0 range....

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

replaced the stock electronics with what???

--------------------

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

yea if he comes outta the hole at 6250 on slicks maybe a 15.1 15.0

--------------------

KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

I got a bone stock 87 coupe 5.0 yesterday with a AOD. It's delete everything and I bet I can shuffle that think into the low 14s [Big Grin]

--------------------

WWW.AEDHP.COM

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

i would put 100 bucks that that aod car would smoke this guys combo

--------------------

92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

well im glad to see that there are post whores here and are willing to bring down anybody jsut trying to ask for advice, not to be called dumb and be made fun of. great job guys, and ill be sure to let you guys know how i do at the track. in the mean time, you guys can go choke on a dick.

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

well you asked for advice and we gave it to ya if you go with that combo let me know when you hit the track ill race you with my tow vehicle and if ya want a solid combo ask ind ill give it to ya

--------------------

92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

quote:
well you asked for advice and we gave it to ya if you go with that combo let me know when you hit the track ill race you with my tow vehicle and if ya want a solid combo ask ind ill give it to ya

considering ive only spent 3 g on this combo i wont be to sad if its slow, besides then im only new injectors and a blower away from being fast as hell. oh yea the intire motor has 200 miles or less on it. so its not like im running some fucked up shit.

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com