Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » REICHARD RACING INTAKE MANIFOLD 4.6

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: REICHARD RACING INTAKE MANIFOLD 4.6
MINGRYGT
¯
Member # 2439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MINGRYGT  Ford pictures for MINGRYGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DOES ANYONE HAVE ONE THAT THERE USING YET?? IM INTERESTED IN BUYING ONE BUT WANT TO GET SOME FEED BACK. REICHARD WANTS 1500 DOLLARS FOR ONE...WHO SALES THEM CHEAPER. I JUST DONT WANT TO CRACK MY STOCK ONE WITH MY NITRROUS. [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY 5-17-03

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
doesnt svo also sell a metal one for a lot less that 1500, but the reichard intake looks so cool [Cool]

how much nitrouis are u runnin, i have worked for a guy in concord running an nx 150 shot on a stock red 01 gt, he had no problems

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea they look cool
and yea they give like 30 more rwhp on BOOST
but you also lose 25# of torq with the intake
so its a give and take
I personally would not get it
im sure their will othere people comeing out with one that wont lose torq

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
y2kgt01
¯
Member # 1257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for y2kgt01  Ford pictures for y2kgt01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i wouldnt take it unless i was running a blower and nitrous then i can see the benefit of having the extra strength plus you wouldnt have to worry about the torque loss after you have the nitrous.

[ April 24, 2003, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: y2kgt01 ]

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nitrous motor? This is the best advice you'll get:

Don't waste time and money on the intake. Spend that money on porting the heads. Especially the exhaust port. Nitrous "makes its own air" inside the combusion chamber, so you won't see big gains by opening up the intake side of things. If you spend that $1000 on your heads, you'll have a sweet nitroused 4.6L combo.

MINGRYGT
¯
Member # 2439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MINGRYGT  Ford pictures for MINGRYGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I WANT THE ROUSCH HEADS AND PORT THOSE...IS THAT WORTH THE MONEY?? OR SHOULD I JUST PORT THE SOCK HEADS?

--------------------
R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY 5-17-03

90 Stang5.0
¯
Member # 2710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90 Stang5.0  Ford pictures for 90 Stang5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[burnout]

--------------------
"Keep Your Friends Close But Keep Your Enemies Closer"

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Nitrous motor? This is the best advice you'll get:

Don't waste time and money on the intake. Spend that money on porting the heads. Especially the exhaust port. Nitrous "makes its own air" inside the combusion chamber, so you won't see big gains by opening up the intake side of things. If you spend that $1000 on your heads, you'll have a sweet nitroused 4.6L combo.

i agree for a 4.6 motor right now! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im going to be parting out my 99gt, I have a RR intake that will be for along with aton of othere modular parts

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Haha, so you revived a decade old thread. [Eek!]

--------------------
86' LX Vert

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com