Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Well, I just found out what happens after many 1.6x 60' times

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Well, I just found out what happens after many 1.6x 60' times
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought the car started handling different about a week ago but wasn't sure why. Today I put it up on the lift to change the oil and found my problem. My left lower torque box is all f*cked up
5 torn spot welds, 4 1" long cracks, and the box is pulled back about 1/4" from where it's supposed to be. OOPS

Sucks to be me

Brian

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
11.662 @ 116.65 1.57 60ft. N/A
10.227 @ 134.59 1.41 60ft 200 shot 3600lbs
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
didnt have battle boxes, that sucks, i feel ur pain, i will weld up torque boxes even on a stock stang just to be on the safe side, can u even fix that if they are that bad

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can fix ANYTHING with a 15# sledge hammer and a welder !!!!! ROFL
The guys at the body shop next door brought over a welder and we fixed it in about 20 minutes
Next week we are going to take the rear end out completely finish the repair of the driverside, reinforce the pass. side and weld the shit out of the uppers while we're at it. It's good to know people with a welder !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian

Norcalbmxer
¯
Member # 235

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norcalbmxer  Ford pictures for Norcalbmxer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just wait till the torque boxes ripp off completely, they will be easier to straighten and weld back on then [Big Grin]

--------------------
T-tops suck!
Coming Soon - "The baddest BITCH on 4 wheels!!!"
WTB 95+ Gt spindles/Brakes,
"Smoke' Em"

Posts: 952 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How are the uppers? My lowers are boxed, but the uppers are stock (for now.)

[Eek!]

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jim,
Suprisingly, the uppers still look good. But will be reinforced soon.

Give me a call tonight

Brian

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You bet. Thx.

[patriot] [burnout]

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have talked to a lot of people about this subject when I began having squeeking noises from the back end of my car. It seems that people tend to not have much trouble with the upper boxes, just the lowers.

After numerous mid 1.6 60fts my passenger side lower box had began to let go, and that is what was making my noise.

Like Brian said, it's nit to know pople with a welder [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its even nicer when u have a welder, ah, so nice
but then again its not, then cause all ur friends that tear up there boxes i get to fix them, usually for free [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
its even nicer when u have a welder, ah, so nice
but then again its not, then cause all ur friends that tear up there boxes i get to fix them, usually for free [Roll Eyes]

Kinda like everyone wanting you to help them move when you own a truck !!! LOL
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

i also own a truck, and a flatbed truck, so i feel u on that one also, and another good one, when u are the guy in the group that knows all the ins and outs of a foxbody wiring harness, and there car quites, so i magically know what happened [Roll Eyes] , but then again they owe me a lot of favors that i will cash in soon

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
i also own a truck, and a flatbed truck, so i feel u on that one also, and another good one, when u are the guy in the group that knows all the ins and outs of a foxbody wiring harness, and there car quites, so i magically know what happened [Roll Eyes] , but then again they owe me a lot of favors that i will cash in soon

Personally if they were my friends I wouldn't expect anything in return for helping them. Maybe if they bring some beer over and help work on it. You seem to have a shit load of fun toys and tools. Wanna be my new friend!!!!!!? [Big Grin]
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nope sorry... he is my friend! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1784 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Quick 88LX:
Nope sorry... he is my friend! [Big Grin]

Dammit [burnout] [burnout]
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So Eric when we gonna weld up my torque boxes???? [Big Grin]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

tommorrow, lets just get it over with so u stock complaining, u own me a 40 bitch [Big Grin]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com