Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » BPV question for you vortech dudes.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: BPV question for you vortech dudes.
klonoa
¯
Member # 1771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for klonoa  Ford pictures for klonoa    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Which BPV should I go with?

-
TurboXS Racing Bypass Valve Type H34 - $179

Or
 - the vortech racing bpv for 216?

--------------------
2003 Mustang Cobra - 454 rwhp - 470rwtq
Ex. 2001 vortech'ed v6.

Posts: 938 | From: Richmond, Cali. | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
vortech

[ April 14, 2003, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: Blown Mystic ]

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

klonoa
¯
Member # 1771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for klonoa  Ford pictures for klonoa    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Eh? No blow off valve, bypass valve. Im having some surging issues with my current bosch BPV set-up.

--------------------
2003 Mustang Cobra - 454 rwhp - 470rwtq
Ex. 2001 vortech'ed v6.

Posts: 938 | From: Richmond, Cali. | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
CustomFastbackCA
¯
Member # 1369

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CustomFastbackCA  Ford pictures for CustomFastbackCA  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just curious but how many pounds of boost are you pushing? Also, I was under the impression that blow off valves were only needed or meant for high boost cars, am I wrong??? By the way I do love that sound, even though it is infamous on Ricers. If I could use it for my 10lb Vortech I might think about it.

--------------------
www.CustomFastbackCA.com

1995 Dinan M3 Avus Blue Metallic
1967 GT Mustang Fastback (Eleanor)

Ask questions if you have'em, anyone who thinks they're too cool, know's it all, or doesn't want to look stupid has more problems than you.

Posts: 346 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used the Vortech by-pass w/ 15lbs of boost. Yes, it probably wouldn't be needed w/ stock lbs. of boost, but I've heard instances where air to air interooled cars needed 2 of them. You won't get that sound unless your discharging the air into the atomosphere which wouldn't be possible unless you mount it before the MAF...you probably could since your running an air to air.

[ April 15, 2003, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: VortechSaleen ]

Posts: 837 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
CustomFastbackCA
¯
Member # 1369

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CustomFastbackCA  Ford pictures for CustomFastbackCA  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok so 10lbs of boost and a power aftercooler and I could have blow off valves before the MAF? just trying to be clear...

--------------------
www.CustomFastbackCA.com

Ask questions if you have'em, anyone who thinks they're too cool, know's it all, or doesn't want to look stupid has more problems than you.

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CustomFastbackCA:
Ok so 10lbs of boost and a power aftercooler and I could have blow off valves before the MAF? just trying to be clear...

yea you could but you dont need one
you have a bye pass valve on yours already

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
CustomFastbackCA
¯
Member # 1369

Cool, but in the near future if I want to hear the sound of valves blowing off bouncing of the doors of some camaro that I am smoking, I can use them without any problems right? I probably won't do it am I just curious.

--------------------
www.CustomFastbackCA.com

VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CustomFastbackCA:
Cool, but in the near future if I want to hear the sound of valves blowing off bouncing of the doors of some camaro that I am smoking, I can use them without any problems right? I probably won't do it am I just curious.

Well, if you use Vortech's cooler that would a little tough. The reason it would be easier w/ an air to air is because you'd have a lot more exposed piping to work w/ especially between the charger and throttle body..that's usually where you'd mount a blow-through MAF. From there you have alot of places to choose from along the intercooler plumbing to mount it.
Posts: 837 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com