Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Which Hood?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Which Hood?
1BAD2V
Screwed and Sprayed
Member # 2495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1BAD2V  Ford pictures for 1BAD2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
time for me to swap one of those nice hood on my 98 GT...i might go for a cervini's ram air hood...
any other suggestions welcome

--------------------
01 MG GT
Some mods

Posts: 552 | From: Los Angeles,CA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
hopdup95
¯
Member # 2381

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopdup95  Ford pictures for hopdup95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The cervinis ram air hood is freakin sick especially with the working ram air. You can't go cheap and not get that though. ABC Exclusive makes some hella clean hoods too. I got my 4in. cobra RR from there and it was hella clean. Just pretty much paint and bolt on. The "ram air" 4in cobra RR is also a pretty sick hood in my opinion. It just takes some getting used to with a 4in hood in your way.
Posts: 486 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
1BAD2V
Screwed and Sprayed
Member # 2495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1BAD2V  Ford pictures for 1BAD2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hopdup95:
The cervinis ram air hood is freakin sick especially with the working ram air. You can't go cheap and not get that though. ABC Exclusive makes some hella clean hoods too. I got my 4in. cobra RR from there and it was hella clean. Just pretty much paint and bolt on. The "ram air" 4in cobra RR is also a pretty sick hood in my opinion. It just takes some getting used to with a 4in hood in your way.

where did u get yours paint ?

--------------------
01 MG GT
Some mods

1BAD2V
Screwed and Sprayed
Member # 2495

quote:
Originally posted by hopdup95:

abcexlusive.com has some nice shit for a decent price...what do u guys think of them ?...is it a pain in the ass to fit their stuff ?..thanx..

--------------------
01 MG GT
Some mods

shifty50
Member # 862

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for shifty50  Ford pictures for shifty50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've had some experience with their hoods not fitting right...For me, it's worth the extra money to go through Cervini's, I've always had their hoods fit right up.
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not even Cervinis fit all the time. Every vendor has their ups and downs. Forced331 on here bought a cervini hood and it doesn't line up that great in my opinion and it did need some prep work before it was ready for paint.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

hopdup95
¯
Member # 2381

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopdup95  Ford pictures for hopdup95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got my ABC exclusive hood painted and fit at M&S Collision Repair in Racho Cordova. They're pretty cool and hella into racing. The owner has like an 01 vette running like 600hp minimum. The hood fit hella good before it flew up on me. Now i've gotta see about fiberglass filling and getting the stress cracks filled. ALWAYS USE PINS. I don't care where its from, EVERYONE i've talked to says to go with pins on an aftermarket hood because nobody is going to get it perfect.
Posts: 486 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92coupe  Ford pictures for 92coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
abcexclusive.com is pretty cool, damn good prices also. i got my spoiler from them 180 bucks shipped to my door. but the hood was gonna be about 400 shipped. compared to cervini's 300 bucks for just the hood, and id guess around 200 for the shipping. IMO cervini's is just a name brand that all the mustang guys know, nothing special about them, except since they are so well known they get to charge more for the same thing another company makes for $100 less. oh well...

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

Roush97
¯
Member # 2303

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roush97  Ford pictures for Roush97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am looking for a hood for my '97 Roush. I need the hood to have clearance for the 03 Cobra engine I am planning to install soon. Does anyone have a pic of the 2000 Cobra R hood for 94-98 installed on a vehicle?

--------------------
FS: 1997 Roush Stage 1 GT; 03 cobra engine, T56, and IRS. 415rwhp, 445rwtq----SOLD

Posts: 292 | From: Bay Area California | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
J's DDLY SNK
¯
Member # 2016

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J's DDLY SNK  Ford pictures for J's DDLY SNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have seen some Boss hoods on some 95-98's and they look sweet. I think the webpage is

WWW.bossincstyles.com

or

WWW.bossincstyle.com

--------------------
Rest In Peace
Juan Moya "The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05
We Will Never Forget You

Roush97
¯
Member # 2303

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roush97  Ford pictures for Roush97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is the link to the 2000 R hood that is made to fit 94-98. I like it but the cowl is really high.
2000 Cobra R Hood (94-98)

Its the hood at the very bottom on the right hand side. [patriot]

[ April 14, 2003, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: Roush97 ]

--------------------
FS: 1997 Roush Stage 1 GT; 03 cobra engine, T56, and IRS. 415rwhp, 445rwtq----SOLD

Zach281
¯
Member # 171

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zach281  Ford pictures for Zach281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like the standard cowl hood myself

--------------------
- 99 Cobra - Rio Red - Convertible -

- 94 Red GT - Sold 02/26/03 -

Posts: 361 | From: Rocklin, CA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
Roush97
¯
Member # 2303

[ April 14, 2003, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: Roush97 ]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com