Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » anyone have input on bbk coldair for 99 cobra?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: anyone have input on bbk coldair for 99 cobra?
cobra99
¯
Member # 2356

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobra99  Ford pictures for cobra99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
was thinkin about gettin this kit since its throttlebody back not maf back. anyone have any thoughts on it?

--------------------
'03 10th anniv black cobra convert
steeda tri ax shifter
magnaflow catback
18in chrome adr wheels
tint

Posts: 209 | From: san luis obispo, san jose is my hometown though | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
SlowFiveOh94
¯
Member # 2404

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowFiveOh94  Ford pictures for SlowFiveOh94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you go to Stangnet.com they have a lot of parts reviews and I'm sure its in there...I go there to look at reviews before I think of buying a part to see what everyone else is thinkin about it

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT (Faleen Speedster)

Posts: 1184 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I personally dont like BBK products....

1)Are you getting the cold air kit more for "performance" or "looks"....

2)Were you thinkin of getting the fender mount kit, (which has pipe that comes from the fender mounted filter to the MAF and another pipe from the MAF to the throttle body) or the kit that just goes from the MAF to the throttle body?...

BBK is the only company that I know of that make a MAF to throttle body chrome kit for the 99+ Cobra's(great for looks)...However, I think you would pick up just as much performance with a MAF forward kit, like the K&N FIPK kit, UPR kit and JDM Densecharger..

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
THE King Cobra
¯
Member # 2011

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE King Cobra  Ford pictures for THE King Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think I have seen u before, once in awhile you go to Jack In the Box on Capitol/Senter? Nice car, I have BLK Stock 01 GT w/red lettering in the back.

Have u tried Pro-M for the cold air kit?
[patriot]

[ April 09, 2003, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: J's 4AXLR8N ]

--------------------
RPM Racing Team
-96 Cobra. HCI MOTORSPORTS block
-More cops in the family = more write-offs
508 RWHP @10.0lbs @6100 RPM..wait till I hit 8K RPM's

Posts: 315 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Venms1
¯
Member # 2284

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venms1  Ford pictures for Venms1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go with the densecharger. It's not chrome, but it does a great job. I have it on my 01 Cobra and it's a nice clean setup that works well.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com