Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Mass Air Install

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Mass Air Install
hopdup95
¯
Member # 2381

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopdup95  Ford pictures for hopdup95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All right I've beent old that some of the aftermarket MAF's don't bolt directly up to the cold air systems/stock air box like the stock MAF's do. Is the Pro M or the C&L easy to hook up and usable with the cold air or do you have to put the K&N filter directly on the front of both of them??? What do you have to do differently from the stock MAF to get the aftermarket MAF to work correctly. Thanks.
p.s. i'm still looking to buy an aftermarket MAF for 24lbers if you guys have any.

Posts: 486 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had no prob hooking my C&L up to my exsisting cold air tube.

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't think it will be any different than stock.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Make sure whenever you order your MAF you tell them what kind of cold air kit its for....Cold air kits re-locate the air filter into the fender...That relocation can and will make it hard for the MAF to calculate correctly...

I went though 3, 75mm bullit Pro-M's before they got it right... [Roll Eyes] ...They still actually didnt get it right, they just sent me a MAF adjuster, so I could tune it myself...

My friend just recently installed a C&L 76mm and has had great luck with it...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
hopdup95
¯
Member # 2381

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopdup95  Ford pictures for hopdup95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the thoughts, the only problem i was thinking I would have is that the MAF for the 89-93 doesn't have the four bolts that would bolt up to the cold air so I'm going to have to put the K&N filter right on the end and toss my cold-air. All of the MAF's i can find for sale are for the 89-93 so hopefully I can make it work well on my 95.

[ April 09, 2003, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: hopdup95 ]

JdubO7
¯
Member # 1973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JdubO7  Ford pictures for JdubO7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mine bolted right up to the stock airbox. For whatever reason I couldn't get the cone filter to fit that C&L sent me (was touching my alternator). Since I have a K&N in the my stock box I just bolted the C&L up to that. Seems to work great for me, it was a tight fit as the elbow of the C&L tube comes so close to the fender that you don't get much room to adjust it. All in all it took about 15 min. to install.

--------------------
Dynomax Mufflers/Headers/Pullies
65mm TB/76mm MAF System w/K&N
Hurst Short Shift/MSD Ignition
Electric Fan/3 Core Radiator
Ford 3.55's

Waiting in living room for install:
King Cobra Cluth

Looking for deals on:
Pony Rims w/tires
130 - 200 amp alt.

hopdup95
¯
Member # 2381

So do you guys know if a Pro M MAF will fit right in without any tinkering??? Thanks again.
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
YES, a Pro-M will fit with out tinkering....

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
hopdup95
¯
Member # 2381

How about the blow through 75MM Pro M from an 87-93??? I appreciate the help greatly.
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Be sure to check in if you need the pro-m that is flanged or not...

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

hopdup95
¯
Member # 2381

I am supposed to get a flanged one, but I was told that you could make either work. Is that not true???
hopdup95
¯
Member # 2381

I still need to know if a non flanged MAF off of a 87-93 will work on a 95 or not. Also would the stock 95 cobra MAF and 24lb injectors be cool, or pretty lame??? Thanks again.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com