Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Driverside window won't go down!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Driverside window won't go down!
BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is horrible. My damn window won't go down. Last night it was going down REEEEAAAL slow, but going up normal. Well I figured there was something wrong with it, so I left it up, I didn't want it to die while down. Then it died on me, and won't move at all.

I don't know if it's the fuse or the motor. If it's the motor is it relatively easy to replace myself?

Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990GT50  Ford pictures for 1990GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yoyr gonna haveto pop the door pannel off and find where the window motor is (i think its in the middle of the door towards the frnt of the car) first try hitting the motor with something (without breaking it) if it still doesnt work after you mess with it for a couple minutes then you need a new motor. they're not too expensive but im not sure how easy they are to remove and all
BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well it works now, but it goes up REAALLLLYY slow. I think my motor is messed up or dying....
Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990GT50  Ford pictures for 1990GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah sounds like youre gonna have to replace it. i would keep it up because you dont want it stuck down.
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like a window motor for sure. They are pretty self explanatory to fix and shouldn't take more than an hour for the first time.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

JdubO7
¯
Member # 1973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JdubO7  Ford pictures for JdubO7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not trying to steal you thread but how can you get the door pannel off without having the door open. My door wont open or unlock

--------------------
Dynomax Mufflers/Headers/Pullies
65mm TB/76mm MAF System w/K&N
Hurst Short Shift/MSD Ignition
Electric Fan/3 Core Radiator
Ford 3.55's

Waiting in living room for install:
King Cobra Cluth

Looking for deals on:
Pony Rims w/tires
130 - 200 amp alt.

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very carefully [Big Grin]

Seriously though, just unbolt your seat on that side to give you optimal room and you should be able to manage getting it off without hurting anything.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com