Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Borla Mufflers

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Borla Mufflers
Joshs Ford
¯
Member # 801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joshs Ford  Ford pictures for Joshs Ford    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have a couple questions about Borla Mufflers.

The XR-1 is the best series muffler for Borla right? If not, which is?

What mufflers do they off that are single inlet, and dual outlet?

The mufflers that are SI/DO, are they the top series Borla offers (like the XR-1 Series if that is the best tha Borla has), or just the only series that offers this setup.

Thanks a lot guys. The reason for asking these question is, becuase I want a SI/DO Borla Muffler, but I want the best one I can buy. Then if the XR-1 mufflers, are there best, is there some how to get one of there XR-1 mufflers to have dual outlet also?

Thanks, Josh

Posts: 692 | From: San Ramon CA, | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what application do you want single in, dual outlet for?

A mustang v8 exhaust is 'true dual', which seems to work best.

single in, dual out for a v6 maybe?

I run XR-1's, but there's tons of different types, mine are ~ 12" long and single 2.5" in, single 2.5" out, it's pretty much straight through.

The flowmaster's sound a little better, IMHO.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Joshs Ford
¯
Member # 801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joshs Ford  Ford pictures for Joshs Ford    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This isnt for a Mustang, I hav owned a mustang, and know many friends who have them. Even worked on them myslef, so I know they are true dual.

I was just wondering if they make XR-1's in SI/DO or not. I dont think they do, so I want to know how comparative there SI/DO mufflers are compared to the XR-1 Series.

I am just asking about Borla mufflers.

Thanks

Josh

Posts: 692 | From: San Ramon CA, | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com