Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Anybody know where to buy ATF online

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anybody know where to buy ATF online
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm looking to buy some Mobil 1 synthetic ATF online. Anyone know of a site. Thanks.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is this for your new 3650 tremec? Isn't GM's syncromesh the best stuff for that tranny? [Confused]
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup it's for the new tranny [Smile] . I'm just going by what the manual say's. So the GM syncromesh is the way to go?
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stay with what the manual recommends...Dont put any GM products in or on your car, Please!!....Unless you want your trany to brake again. [Wink] [Big Grin] ...

I've tried all kinds of fluids in my T5's none of them seem to work better than others...I've run Red Line synthetic ATF in my T5 and blew 3rd, I've run Mobil 1 synthetic in my T5 and blew 3rd, I've run regular Penziol ATF and I've blown 3rd....Its best to go with what Ford or Tremec recommend!

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black94 5.0:
Stay with what the manual recommends...Dont put any GM products in or on your car, Please!!....Unless you want your trany to brake again. [Wink] [Big Grin] ...

I've tried all kinds of fluids in my T5's none of them seem to work better than others...I've run Red Line synthetic ATF in my T5 and blew 3rd, I've run Mobil 1 synthetic in my T5 and blew 3rd, I've run regular Penziol ATF and I've blown 3rd....Its best to go with what Ford or Tremec recommend!

Have you broken three T-5's? How do you keep breaking third gear also?
Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Drew B
¯
Member # 698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew B  Ford pictures for Drew B  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Isn't GM's syncromesh the best stuff for that tranny? [Confused]

thats what me and all my boys use on are tremecs that what they say to use none of us have ever had a problem you can go to chevrolet service to buy it.

[ March 30, 2003, 11:51 PM: Message edited by: GR40Coupe ]

--------------------
AKA.GR40coupe

Norcalbmxer
¯
Member # 235

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norcalbmxer  Ford pictures for Norcalbmxer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shit i thought you were looking to buy alcohol tobacco and firearms online [Big Grin]

--------------------
T-tops suck!
Coming Soon - "The baddest BITCH on 4 wheels!!!"
WTB 95+ Gt spindles/Brakes,
"Smoke' Em"

Posts: 952 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I went over to the GM dealer for my tremec 3550, $8 a quart x 3 but it seems to work fine.

I would use the same in your 3650 unless tremec tells you otherwise, I honestly wouldn't listen to Ford on this one (duh, why would they want you scurrying over to the GM dealer)

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Another vote for Syncromesh. [patriot]

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Andrew WOT
¯
Member # 1249

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew WOT  Ford pictures for Andrew WOT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.steeda.com/store/-catalog/synchromesh.htm
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mark the GM ATF is what I put in my tranny. Its the best stuff.

Black94: Rob if I re-call? PLease correct me if I am wrong. Any how you seem to blow 3rd out a lot. Do you Power shift or do a lot of 3rd gear runs on the freeway and how much RWHP do you have. you might want to ditch the ol T-5????

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I power shift a lot and I do a lot of 3rd gear runs on the freeway.. It seems like my powerband is great in 3rd at about 65mph....I never miss a gear, it goes into 3rd and then blows up when I let out the clutch....I'm guessing my car has around 235-240rwhp, it traps 102mph and wieght's 3650lbs with me in the car..

I decided on saving some money and just completed my first T5 rebuild myself....When I rebuilt my T5 I bought the "super alloy" gears from D&D, hopefully they will be stronger... [Wink]

When I blew my first T5 I replaced it with a FMS "Z-spec"-T5, which I never blew, but had to get rid of with my old '86 Stang so I could get my '94...I wish I could afford a T56, I probably could've bought one for the cost of the T5's I've blown [Frown]

--Anywayz, I've never tried GM syncromesh, so I cant really comment on it...I've never wanted to put anything GM in my Ford...However if Tremec recommends it and its that great, I would probably buy the stuff..
---What makes the GM Syncomesh better than other fluids? [Confused]

--------------------

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's not ATF.
It's a synthetic blend ment for manuals....not auto fluid that can be run in a manual.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Bill/APEX Motorsports
¯
Member # 636

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill/APEX Motorsports  Ford pictures for Bill/APEX Motorsports  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We use GM Synchromesh only in Tremec 3550 models. Otherwise, it's Amsoil ATF (full synthetic) in all. I have it in stock for $8.25/qt.
Special this week for CA Fords members--$6.99/qt., and I have 7 qts. in stock (unless you want 2.5 gallon jugs, of which I have eight!).
First come, first serve! Thanks, guys!

--------------------
Bill Kaiser
APEX Motorsports
Santa Clara
www.apexmotorsports.com
408-562-1000
bill@apexmotorsports.com

Posts: 488 | From: Santa Clara, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Bill,

How about the TR-3650. Syncromesh or amsoil. I'm in SJ today. If I get a chance I'll come by and pick some up.

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

I called D&D performance and asked about the GM Syncromesh....D&D's rep told me that GM syncromesh is designed for transmissions using only brass syncro's, which basically the Tremec 3550 has...The T5's only have a 5th gear brass syncro, so you should only use DexIII if you have a T5 and GM syncromesh only for the Tremec-3550

Thought this info would help everyone out...

[ April 02, 2003, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: Black94 5.0 ]

--------------------

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
mobil 1 at wal*mart [Wink] gets my vote. [patriot]
Bill/APEX Motorsports
¯
Member # 636

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill/APEX Motorsports  Ford pictures for Bill/APEX Motorsports  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
Bill,

How about the TR-3650. Syncromesh or amsoil. I'm in SJ today. If I get a chance I'll come by and pick some up.

Amsoil! In stock.

--------------------
Bill Kaiser
APEX Motorsports
Santa Clara
www.apexmotorsports.com
408-562-1000
bill@apexmotorsports.com

Posts: 488 | From: Santa Clara, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bill, check pm's

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Rev Happy
¯
Member # 661

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Rev Happy  Ford pictures for Rev Happy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go with Redline D4 ATF...

Trust me on this one... Makes the tranny shift so smooth and my stock T-45 (56,000) is still going and can be shifted aggressively without grinding at high rpms...

Posts: 182 | From: Southern California | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com