Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » E brakelight?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: E brakelight?
90Fivepointoh
¯
Member # 2094

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90Fivepointoh  Ford pictures for 90Fivepointoh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Okay i have a 90 Lx coupe AOD, ANd i was getting on it a little bit.. And i saw the brake light flashing on my meters, But my E brake wasn't up or anything. So i was just wondering Whats up with that?
Norcalbmxer
¯
Member # 235

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norcalbmxer  Ford pictures for Norcalbmxer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you lowon brake fluid, and when you are stomping on the gas, the fluid is moving away from the sensor

--------------------
T-tops suck!
Coming Soon - "The baddest BITCH on 4 wheels!!!"
WTB 95+ Gt spindles/Brakes,
"Smoke' Em"

Posts: 952 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
Norcalbmxer
¯
Member # 235

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norcalbmxer  Ford pictures for Norcalbmxer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i cant fucking type this morning i guess, just put some damn brake fluid in it [Big Grin]

--------------------
T-tops suck!
"Smoke' Em"

street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yo, its nothing serious.
pull off the arm rest to access the e brake.
the lil'ground wire comes loose. it happens.
the e-brake has nothing to do with brake fluid just cables and in you case a ground wire.
you might be able to get a pen or screw driver to poke at it and make it go out to see if i'm right.
good luck [patriot]

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Norcalbmxer
¯
Member # 235

quote:
Originally posted by street_illegal_stang:
the e-brake has nothing to do with brake fluid just cables and in you case a ground wire.

really?

--------------------
T-tops suck!
"Smoke' Em"

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
street illegal has a good point that it might be a loose ground, but norcalbmxer is also correct that it is probably low brake fluid, i would check the brake fluid first because it is an easy fix

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Norcalbmxer
¯
Member # 235

Yes, I know I just wanted to point out that street illegal stang was an idiot, and if he ever read an owners manual, he would find this

Page 66 1991 Ford Mustang Owners Manual
Brake System Light
"The warning light for the brakes can show two things - that either the parking brake is not fully released, or that the brake fluid level is low in the master cylinder reservoir. If the flid level is low, the brake system should be checked by a qualified service technician."

--------------------
T-tops suck!
"Smoke' Em"

street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Norcalbmxer:
Yes, I know I just wanted to point out that street illegal stang was an idiot, and if he ever read an owners manual, he would find this

Page 66 1991 Ford Mustang Owners Manual
Brake System Light
"The warning light for the brakes can show two things - that either the parking brake is not fully released, or that the brake fluid level is low in the master cylinder reservoir. If the flid level is low, the brake system should be checked by a qualified service technician."

you sound like a retard when you call me an idiot
[Roll Eyes]
1.) i know the brake light can come on when it has low fluid
2.) the e brake doesn't use brake fluid.
if you read my post maybe you might understand what i said better
plus i had the same thing happen to me a few months back,just a fuckin ground wire.

street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

quote:
Originally posted by Norcalbmxer:
quote:

really?
duh? yes!i thought i turn the tables and prove that norcal is an idiot [Big Grin]
90Fivepointoh
¯
Member # 2094

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90Fivepointoh  Ford pictures for 90Fivepointoh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the advice fellas
cheap
¯
Member # 858

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheap  Ford pictures for cheap  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
duh? yes!i thought i turn the tables and prove that norcal is an idiot [Big Grin]

riiiiiight....

[ March 29, 2003, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: cheap ]

--------------------
1965 Spyder GT

Norcalbmxer
¯
Member # 235

quote:
Originally posted by cheap:
quote:

riiiiiight....
roflmfao [worship]

--------------------
T-tops suck!
"Smoke' Em"

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com