Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Touch up paint ..which one ?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Touch up paint ..which one ?
1BAD2V
Screwed and Sprayed
Member # 2495

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for 1BAD2V  Ford pictures for 1BAD2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
which touch up paint is good for small chips /scratch on the car body?..Dupli Color ?...any other one ?

--------------------
01 MG GT
Some mods

Posts: 552 | From: Los Angeles,CA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If your car still has the original paint, go to Ford and get a bottle of touch up from them...It will probably be more expensive but its as close as you can get to the same paint that you have on the car..

Make sure to take your VIN #'s and any paint(drivers door sticker) code with you to make sure you get the right one..

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I found the Ford touch up paint to be the same as the Duplicolor touch up paint that AutoZone and Kragens sell. Same bottle, different label, and Ford charged twice as much for it than AutoZone.
AZTECLX
¯
Member # 674

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZTECLX  Ford pictures for AZTECLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
I found the Ford touch up paint to be the same as the Duplicolor touch up paint that AutoZone and Kragens sell. Same bottle, different label, and Ford charged twice as much for it than AutoZone.

I second that.

--------------------
California Notary Public

If you have/need documents too be notarized..hit me up

Posts: 950 | From: San Jose... | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com