Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 2003 GT WHite Face gauge Install?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 2003 GT WHite Face gauge Install?
SVTMike
¯
Member # 2345

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTMike  Ford pictures for SVTMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My cousing bought some whiteface gauges for his 03 GT. Are they hard to install? Has anyone here done it before, could you maybe install it for him if he pays you. He lives in Fremont but will come to you if need be. Also how much to have them installed?

--------------------
1985 1/2 Mustang SVO
2003 SVT Focus

Posts: 766 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
y2kgt01
¯
Member # 1257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for y2kgt01  Ford pictures for y2kgt01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i did mine on my 01 i bought the gauges that u had to remove the needles, bad choice, but the needles pry off but u gotta be really carfull. first 2 screws on top of the cluster trim u will see them they have little covers. then like 10 bolts to get the cluster out. get a small hook tool of some sort put it behinde the base of the needle and pry it off gently kinda evenly on both sides till it comes off. the most important part is to put the needles back on EXACTLY how they were or else u will have no way that i know of of fixing them. i made the mistake and my oil and water gauges are slightly off now. its a pretty easy job just be careful.

[ March 18, 2003, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: y2kgt01 ]

1BAD2V
Screwed and Sprayed
Member # 2495

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 1BAD2V  Ford pictures for 1BAD2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go check that:
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/whtf1.htm

It might help [Smile]

--------------------
01 MG GT
Some mods

Posts: 552 | From: Los Angeles,CA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com