Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » FMS AC Delete Install Done with pics

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: FMS AC Delete Install Done with pics
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

-

-

-

[ March 11, 2003, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: 91sleeper ]

--------------------
Support our troops!

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

-

-

-

-

-

[ March 11, 2003, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: 91sleeper ]

--------------------
Support our troops!

91 5.0
¯
Member # 1527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0  Ford pictures for 91 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
now what the hell are you going to do when its 105 degrees this summer? Is that really worth 10hp and a little less weight?

--------------------
02 GT - Zinc Yellow
91 5.0 LX - Red

Posts: 1316 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

quote:
Originally posted by 91 5.0:
now what the hell are you going to do when its 105 degrees this summer? Is that really worth 10hp and a little less weight?

You tell me when you see my tail lights. [Razz]

--------------------
Support our troops!

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sure is!

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
91 5.0
¯
Member # 1527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0  Ford pictures for 91 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91sleeper:
quote:

You tell me when you see my tail lights. [Razz]
when I see your tail lights?? I dont think thats going to happen. Much props to you if you can pull me though. I guess its all preference. I would rather spend my money on other things that dont sacrifice my comfort or reliability of the car.

--------------------
02 GT - Zinc Yellow
91 5.0 LX - Red

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
comfort yes, but how does removing the ac compromise reliability, or were u just stating u want reliability, and if u want ultimate reliability, get a honda, if u want comfort get a caddy, if u want speed, get a foxbody and strip it, if u want all of those combined get a vette

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

91 5.0
¯
Member # 1527

Removing the AC doesnt compromise reliability. Im talking about things like removing the spart tire, jack, sway bars, etc. My stang is my daily driver, so I prefer not to do stuff like that, but it still runs deep into the 12's.

--------------------
02 GT - Zinc Yellow
91 5.0 LX - Red

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Welcome to the club:

-

5.0Brian
¯
Member # 262

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0Brian  Ford pictures for 5.0Brian    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Removing the AC doesnt compromise reliability. Im talking about things like removing the spart tire, jack, sway bars, etc. My stang is my daily driver, so I prefer not to do stuff like that, but it still runs deep into the 12's.

Mine does also (with nitrous [Big Grin] ), and I have the AC. It's my daily driver until I fix the tranny on the beater.

[ March 11, 2003, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: 5.0Brian ]

--------------------
Brian

---Rest In Peace Miles Werho-Dec. 8 2002---

Posts: 561 | From: Antioch, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  :
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I say stop complaining and roll down the windows! My A/C is out, and I have a black car! Even when it was 106 in Fairfield I didnt use the AC, if you aint gonna use it, remove it. [Big Grin] [burnout]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

quote:
Originally posted by mustanggt5091:
I say stop complaining and roll down the windows! My A/C is out, and I have a black car! Even when it was 106 in Fairfield I didnt use the AC, if you aint gonna use it, remove it. [Big Grin] [burnout]

Exactly. Looks better and on the other plus side decreases some weight wich is always a good thing for my gt.

--------------------
Support our troops!

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I saw the parts that you removed but I didn't see some of the lines or the drier that sits in the rear passenger corner? Did you remove all of this?

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
I saw the parts that you removed but I didn't see some of the lines or the drier that sits in the rear passenger corner? Did you remove all of this?

Yeah I removed all the lines and the black canister thats in the corner, its just not in the picture.

--------------------
Support our troops!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com