Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » M&M's Grip in a box?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: M&M's Grip in a box?
rokcrln
¯
Member # 2536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokcrln  Ford pictures for rokcrln    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just bought a 91 GT fast back and need to redue the front suspention. I car is a salvage due to a good curb hop. The K-member is shifted but the unibody is fine. The rest of the car and suspention is stock. What I am looking at is at least the road and track kit for $2,100 or the Maximum for $4,200. The diff between the two is night and day. But since I am looking at replacing my stock K-member with a new one should I just go for the Maximum box kit. It will give a tubular K-member and A-arms full coil overs front and back and the Tork-arm plus all the standard stuff they have. Has any one here used the Maximun kit? I searched and found a good write up on the road and track kit and it sounds great. But is the Maximum kit even that much better? I plan on just playing with this car for now it is a spare. But I am the kind of person that tends to go all out once in to something. So what are your thoughts?

[ March 07, 2003, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: rokcrln ]

--------------------
71 Bronco stock (for now) w/59k miles.
73 Bronco EFI 351W
71 Chevy PU w/Vett LT1

Posts: 448 | From: Winters Ca. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go with MM if you have the $. They had a stock 89lx outhandle a few porches and vipers when they installed their grip in a box kit on the stang. I was very impressed and if I had 4200 to spend on suspension I would go with MM for SURE! Or griggs, but they are WAAAAAAAAAAAAy more expensive

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
93ex-chp
¯
Member # 1688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ex-chp  Ford pictures for 93ex-chp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if the front end is tweaked id suggest just selling it and getting something more solid as a starting point. no point throwing alot of money at something to make it handle like stock
Posts: 267 | From: san leandro | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
rokcrln
¯
Member # 2536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokcrln  Ford pictures for rokcrln    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The front end is not tweaked just the K-member is slid in the stock adjuster holes. I pulled the frame and diamond checked it so I know it is fine. It is just to put the k-member back to stock spec it is as much work as changing it out.

--------------------
73 Bronco EFI 351W
71 Chevy PU w/Vett LT1

rokcrln
¯
Member # 2536

Or would I be better off buying their road and track kit w/o shocks and struts (mine are new) but add in the torque-arm kit. Then spend another 2k on new H pipe and flows out the back and headers. Also a larger throtle body, air intake and computer.

--------------------
73 Bronco EFI 351W
71 Chevy PU w/Vett LT1

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think for your purpose of the vehicle I would just get the "Road & Track Box"($2,142.)....I think you will be very happy!!!...
As for your K member allign it to the rest of the car....If you think that the stock K member is at all fucked up, then I would go with the "Maximum Grip Box"($4209.)..Its a lot more but you dont just get a K member, you get the coil overs, torque arm and front control arms....

With the money you save if you get the "Road & Track Box", you should buy gears(3.55/3.73), ASP Pullies, an off-road pipe(no cats), C&L 76mm MAF, and you will easily have a solid 13 second car!!
[burnout]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
rokcrln
¯
Member # 2536

Black94, That is just what I have decided to do. Get the road and track kit then get the 5 lug disk conversion ( so I can run your rims) and then cam my 92 OMC Cobra marine 302 and drop it in with the EFI set up off the GT or may be put in my 351W. I am leaning tward the 302, It is bullit proof and made to run 6k all day long. It is stock with the high nickle block, beefed up mains, steel crank, forged pistons, HD rods and only has 20hrs then 10k miles on it. Then headers "x" pipe and stage 2 flows out the back. Then would be time for the bolt ons like intake, larger T-body and all the normal Sh!t.

--------------------
73 Bronco EFI 351W
71 Chevy PU w/Vett LT1

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com