Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » NOS Big shot

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NOS Big shot
93mustangt
¯
Member # 680

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93mustangt  Ford pictures for 93mustangt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is a serious question im running a 125 shot right now and i want more.I know all the dangerous of running this big of a shot,but i want to anyway.

Ok would a 255 fuel pump be good enough or would i need a inline to?

Can i run stock ignition with it or what type of ignition should i run?

Is there anyone with the bigshot?How do you like it and what kind of results did it produce?

This is on the stock bottom end BTW [Big Grin] [burnout]

Ive heard so many stories of stock bottom end 5.0's holding a 300 shot and i want to see for myself

Posts: 543 | From: Orange county, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i would'nt know but if where you i have a spare motor ready to go for when you blow your higher mileage motor [Wink] whats you goal for the track?1/8?
Justin R.

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
93mustangt
¯
Member # 680

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93mustangt  Ford pictures for 93mustangt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im want to see how much nitrous i can run without blowing it and i want to see how fast i can run with almost a stock 5oh.I know i will need the right fuel system and ignition

I wonder if it would be better to run a dual stage instead of running just one big shot.

Posts: 543 | From: Orange county, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would definitly upgrade the ignition to a MSD, colder plugs and an inline pump woudnt hurt to be safe. why not go the safest route possible to make it last not one run?

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i thought the stock block could only handle 500hp!
what do you have on the top end of you motor [Confused]

[ March 06, 2003, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: street_illegal_stang ]

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
customN2O
¯
Member # 914

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for customN2O  Ford pictures for customN2O  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you were to switch over to a NX kit, I guarantee your times would pick up, with just the 100shot. Then you could put in the 150hp jets, and really have some fun. All this would work with a completely stock motor. No aftermarket ignition, and no special pump. With the NOS, cant make any guarantees. They use way more fuel then you need, so the pump may not be able to handle it. Switch kits, and become a believer.

--------------------
[img]http://www.zimmermanmotorsports.com/zimban2.gif[/img]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com