Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Spintech exhaust

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Spintech exhaust
Jason
¯
Member # 43

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason  Ford pictures for Jason  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was talking to a buddy today about putting a spintech exhaust on my Lightning, and he mentioned to me that he looked into getting a set up for his Dakota and he decided against it because they weren't street legal.

What he couldn't answer was, what will the cops do if they catch you? Does anybody have any experience getting popped for having an exhaust set up dubbed illegal? Will the impound the car? Is it just a fix it ticket if you get caught? Will the cops let me go if I have my girl flash them?

-Jason

4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
let me see a pic of your girl and ill let you know

--------------------
i have a twin turbo mustang and you don't!

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Me too! [patriot]

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1784 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Psydwaze
¯
Member # 1280

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Psydwaze  Ford pictures for Psydwaze  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kinda new here, but I'll jump right in.

It should just be a fix it ticket. If they even stop you for the exhaust it will probably be a noise violation. Then you'd have to have it signed off which is a judgement call by the officer. A buddy of mine has Spin Tech's on his Mach 1 and its loud enough to set off alarms.

Jason
¯
Member # 43

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason  Ford pictures for Jason  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Psydwaze:
Kinda new here, but I'll jump right in.

It should just be a fix it ticket. If they even stop you for the exhaust it will probably be a noise violation. Then you'd have to have it signed off which is a judgement call by the officer. A buddy of mine has Spin Tech's on his Mach 1 and its loud enough to set off alarms.

That's not so bad...

so let's see here:

used 2k ford lightning
$25,000
spintech w/install
$600
pissing off a bored cop
$50
getting a picture of the shit eating grin on my face while I set off rice-rocket alarms by dumping a few puffs of Ford driven exhaust all over their door panels
PRICELESS

7.3L White Whale
¯
Member # 1848

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 7.3L White Whale  Ford pictures for 7.3L White Whale    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Spintechs are not illegal. I have pro streets, got pulled over and he didnt write me up and knew what i had. I have them with bbk long tubes and a higflow h pipe. Its pretty loud and sets off alarms. Id like to add an offroad x pipe just to see what its like.

--------------------
444 cubic inches and a 105mm turbo.

2001 gt.... sold

02 wrx... shits in the works

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com