Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Hatch Rattling Bad

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Hatch Rattling Bad
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
At first I thought it was my Cobra wing that I had installed, but after torquing that wind down and putting studs in it I have realized that its my hatch I believe.

I belive I have heard there is a piece where the hatch locks that gos bad over time and starts rattling when it gos bad. By any chance do you have a solution to my problem or the pieces name that I need [Confused] Its starting to really make me [Mad] I have delt with it for a while now [Frown] Thanks [patriot]

--------------------
Support our troops!

88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try replacing that small platic piece that your hatch locks onto. If yours is cracked or damaged your hatch won't completely lock.
Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Might just need to re-adjust the strike bar

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Fd3s.
¯
Member # 1428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fd3s.  Ford pictures for Fd3s.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know you hate my guts and stuff, but I had the same problem with my car, To fix the problem I took a piece of electrical tape and went around the the latch that goes into the lock. Now when you close the hatch its tight. Its not noticeable either of course.

My car would rattle when I was on the highway, it was really annoying. This fixed it.

Later.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Getting a replacement plastic sleeve from the HELP! section of the parts store will probably last longer than electrical tape [burnout]
MiniMEE
¯
Member # 1009

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MiniMEE  Ford pictures for MiniMEE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I second the electrical tape.

--------------------
TRY2PAZ's lil brother
homepage http://haywire.csuhayward.edu/~scarrill/quad.html

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com