Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Removing rear seats from FOX hatch

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Removing rear seats from FOX hatch
Tyrant89
¯
Member # 1033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyrant89  Ford pictures for Tyrant89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I tried tugging these things out, but I could'nt get them to budge. Any suggestions?

I'm getting my upper boxes welded & wanted to clear the carpeting.

Posts: 260 | From: Salinas, holmes! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990GT50  Ford pictures for 1990GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey you should be able to pull the bottom part of the seat off. it might be hard but it isnt held down by bolts or anything. from there youre gonna have to move the top part (where your back would be) around until you can reach all the bolts. i believe there are two in the center and a few on each side. its easy to get out but time consuming. good luck
Tyrant89
¯
Member # 1033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyrant89  Ford pictures for Tyrant89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I tried pulling toward the engine, id did not work?? Is there a trick here that I'm missing?
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To get the lower seat out, push straight back, toward the rear, and then while its pushed back lift up! [Big Grin]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah it's locked in you have to push back first [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Drew B
¯
Member # 698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew B  Ford pictures for Drew B  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If its really jamed in there move your front seats all the way up and sit on the ground of your back seqat with your feet outside of the car it will give you better levrage.

--------------------
AKA.GR40coupe

Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you need to push down on the lower portion of the rear seat and the part that goes underneath your ass will come up. To pull off the rear seat part that your back would be on you need to go to the trunk lift up the carpet and pull all screws out that connect the rear seat and the things that lay down with the rear seat to make a flat surface. (take all those out) then you need to go down to the bottom left on passenger side and back a bolt out, and go to the bottom right of the drivers side and remove a bolt. Then there will be two bolts in the middle of the seats that need to be taken out as well. The trunk carpet and all will come together. This is why pulling didnt do anything.

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

Tyrant89
¯
Member # 1033

quote:
Originally posted by Camara90:
you need to push down on the lower portion of the rear seat and the part that goes underneath your ass will come up. To pull off the rear seat part that your back would be on you need to go to the trunk lift up the carpet and pull all screws out that connect the rear seat and the things that lay down with the rear seat to make a flat surface. (take all those out) then you need to go down to the bottom left on passenger side and back a bolt out, and go to the bottom right of the drivers side and remove a bolt. Then there will be two bolts in the middle of the seats that need to be taken out as well. The trunk carpet and all will come together. This is why pulling didnt do anything.

Do I have to do all this to access the floor-pan for welding in the UCA Boxes?
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes you do. Not to hard though.

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To remove the lower seats psh your knee in the back part where it meets the upper seat back. Push that down with your knee and pull towards the motor.

If you cant seem to figure it out by all these explanations I suggest getting a chiltons manual.

--------------------
Support our troops!

Tyrant89
¯
Member # 1033

Got it, just wanted to make sure I was going about this the right way the FIRST time. Thanks all!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com