Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Changing Transmission Fluid

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Changing Transmission Fluid
White02GT
¯
Member # 611

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White02GT  Ford pictures for White02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I want to change the transmission fluid in my car to either a synthetic or GM synchromesh to try to make the shifts a little smoother with my 3650 transmission. How hard would it be to do this at my house and can anybody write me a description at what I need to do? Also, how much fluid is needed to fill it back up? Thanks

--------------------
2002 Mustang GT 13.54 @ 102

"You can't out smart a smartass" Eminem

Posts: 1984 | From: Mountain View, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not hard to do. On the side of the tranny youll see two plugs. the top is the fill the bottom is the drain. youll need a pump to fill it back up. go to the parts store they can tell you how many quarts

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

White02GT
¯
Member # 611

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White02GT  Ford pictures for White02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What kind of a pump am I going to need and where can I get one?

--------------------

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't know if it's the same on your car. But it was really messy when we did it on my foxbody. Like I said, I don't know if it's the same, But it's best to fill it through the shifter (less mess) Although they sell the pump at Kragen, it's like 10 bucks or so. [patriot]
Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
White02GT
¯
Member # 611

Yes, I was curious if I could fill through the shifter also. I need to double check my seal there, I think that's where my fluid is leaking from. [Confused]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com