Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Weather Stripping

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Weather Stripping
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Got some new weather stripping for my front two dorrs and have never doen it before. Any pointers and/or directions to follow. I did a search and didn't find much. I got the strippings from 50 resto.

Thanks

--------------------
Support our troops!

Drew B
¯
Member # 698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew B  Ford pictures for Drew B  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Remember how it pulls out then, put the new the same way the old pulls out it can't be to hard to do i take it it's the stiping by the window correct.

[ February 12, 2003, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: GR40coupe ]

--------------------
AKA.GR40coupe

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its the stripping thats on the inside of the doors.

--------------------
Support our troops!

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I guess nobody has done this before [Confused] It's not as easy as it sounds.

--------------------
Support our troops!

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how hard can it be? [Confused]
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

If you havent done it dont respond

--------------------
Support our troops!

Norcalbmxer
¯
Member # 235

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norcalbmxer  Ford pictures for Norcalbmxer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have done it, and if you cant figure it out on your own, there is only 2 posibilities

#1. You got the wrong stuff. Did you check to see if its the same as the old stuff? or did you just rip your old stuff out and throw it away

#2 You are to incompetent to work on your car and no-one would be able to walk you through installing it anyway

--------------------
T-tops suck!
Coming Soon - "The baddest BITCH on 4 wheels!!!"
WTB 95+ Gt spindles/Brakes,
"Smoke' Em"

Posts: 952 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

I didnt say I couldnt install it I said can anyone give me any tips and/or pointers I think I am far than compitent enough to do this.

--------------------
Support our troops!

89_Fakesnake
¯
Member # 1253

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89_Fakesnake  Ford pictures for 89_Fakesnake  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's so easy it's not even funny. However, you will have to get the rear interior panels unscrewed and moved, then the headliner trim around the edge of the door out of the way. Oh, the kick panel must also be removed along with the door sill plate. Seriously, it took me 2 minutes to get it in place once those items were out of the way. Good luck dude.

[patriot]

--------------------
1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe (for sale)
1972 F100
2007 GSXR 1000

Posts: 480 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

quote:
Originally posted by 89_FakeSnake:
It's so easy it's not even funny. However, you will have to get the rear interior panels unscrewed and moved, then the headliner trim around the edge of the door out of the way. Oh, the kick panel must also be removed along with the door sill plate. Seriously, it took me 2 minutes to get it in place once those items were out of the way. Good luck dude.

[patriot]

Thanks a lot!

--------------------
Support our troops!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com