Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Best aftermarket Exhaust for 03 Cobra?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Best aftermarket Exhaust for 03 Cobra?
CvPonyKiller
¯
Member # 2266

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CvPonyKiller  Ford pictures for CvPonyKiller  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lay down some good exhausts for the 03 Cobra, i want something loud and bad ass.

--------------------
2002 SS and '69 SS

You can't touch me.

Posts: 23 | From: Castro Valley (Bay Area) | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Confused]

Your link at the bottom only shows a Camaro [Frown]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Mustangfiv0
¯
Member # 2231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mustangfiv0  Ford pictures for Mustangfiv0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats theh same thing i was thinking, lol Camaro [Confused]

--------------------
Hp cost money, How much are you willing to spend???
http://www.geocities.com/supra1on1/mycar.html

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
might wanna buy one people, probly checkin up on things......as most people do

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

sn8k2
¯
Member # 2350

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sn8k2  Ford pictures for sn8k2  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What is the best exhaust is going to depend on what are your long-term plans are for future mods (& if you are wanting to stay CA smog legal). If you are going to target at or below 450RWHP, the the best bang for the buck will be the 2 1/2" Magnaflow x & cat back. Sound is loud with the offroad x, and you can't beat the price. Now if you are going after more then 450RWHP - then you would be good to go The Kooks long tubes & offroad h (or x) pipe with the magnaflow catback. If you don't mind spending some more coin... the Bassani sounds pretty great too - but from what I've seen you won't be getting better Dyno numbers with the Bassani vs. the Magnaflows. Also, if you are looking for a matched system & don't mind paying for it - the QMP (Quarter Mile performance) 3" SS x-pipe & cat-back with the 1 5/8" Long tube headers are the shit. In the long run - it's all going to depend upon how much hassle and what target HP you are looking to get when deciding on the best exhaust system for the 03 Cobra. What's best for one person isn't going to be what's best for the next.

I should qualify the above by stating that getting over 450RWHP with the 91 octane pump gas out here is going to be next to impossible to do with a safe tune. Personally - I don't plan on going above 450RWHP... but I wanted my options open for further down the road. With a 3.1 upper pully, the 3" QMP exhaust, CAI & chip.... 450RWHP is quite attainable. If I decide later I want to go faster - then I'll get the QMP headers... which are a straight bolt on with no mods to the existing exhaust setup (and I can either run cats or not). For me - fleaxability & performance determined the best exhaust system... the sound was the last factor to consider. YMMV

--------------------
Mark K

2003 Cobra | 2001 Cobra | 1989 Black Mustang GT - the Savage

Posts: 152 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com