Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Rolling fender lip???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Rolling fender lip???
j_yates78
¯
Member # 1791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j_yates78  Ford pictures for j_yates78    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a probelm on hard turns i hear/feel rubbing in the rear sometimes in the front. How does this get resolved? where is a good place to get it rolled?? is that the right term to corectthe rub?
stock rims with 255's front and 275's on the rear.

all help would be appriciated.

thanks,
jason

--------------------
99 Cobra HCI/Vortech
Koni Yellows
Griggs Subs
Eibach Springs
MM C/C plates
4.10's

Posts: 148 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
sn8k2
¯
Member # 2350

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sn8k2  Ford pictures for sn8k2  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You shouldn't need to roll the fenders with those size tires. Your problem is likly due to a shortcomming in your suspension. Assuming you have the Eibach Pro kit... dump that and get some H&R race springs, or better yet start looking at the MM Road & Track box for the 99 Cobra. Except you don't need the entire "box" since you already have some nice shocks & sub frames.

--------------------
Mark K

2003 Cobra | 2001 Cobra | 1989 Black Mustang GT - the Savage

Posts: 152 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
Bryen
¯
Member # 1277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bryen  Ford pictures for Bryen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well if you do decide to roll your fenders heres a few hints........

Take a fresh new razorblade and score the paint on the lip where your gonna "roll" it...this scoring of the paint allows the paint to "peel at that line and not further out to where you can see it...

Use an aluminum baseball bat to roll the fenders. your gonna need yourself and 2 other people for this. Start at the rear part of the fender when you do this. Make sure your on flat ground, put the car in neutral and put the fat part of the bat in between the tire and the rear of the fender..Now this is where your buddies come in handy.....have them slowly roll the car forward while you hold onto the bat. As the fat part of the bat starts to reach the lip put down pressure on the handle of the bat to slightly force the lip up into the fender.......you gotta do this in little increments and rock the car back n forth slightly putting more pressure on the bat handle to fold the lip into the fender.....I hope this helps..If you have any questions my AIM name is Streetracr67 or e mail me at BFalvey@iqmail.net
~Brian

--------------------
NOS...Insurance for the Street!!!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com