Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 00' GT performance question?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 00' GT performance question?
msj484
¯
Member # 1341

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for msj484  Ford pictures for msj484  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it me again everyone. i got another performance question. I got a 00' GT with c&l 80mm MAF calabbet for #19's, mac cold air kit from fender to throttle body, venom super chip, 70mm polished bbk throttle body, 2 chamber flowmasters. im bout to buy a YoDude Performance Offroad X Pipe. i love all the parts i already got. i want more bolt-on speed and power. i NEED any suggestions on what do get next. im not a mechanic. im tryin to get stuff i can do myself. also is YoDude Performance Offroad X Pipe a good x pipe? thankx all.
Posts: 270 | From: San Pablo, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hmm yodude exaust? never herd of it..Basanni and mac are usualy what most people run basanni for quality and mac for cheap ass shit but works. How about some gears, 4.10s for ur next purchase

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
whitecobra
¯
Member # 555

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitecobra  Ford pictures for whitecobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nitrous, gears, maby underdrive pullies

--------------------
98COBRA
"holy shit"

Posts: 205 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
whitecobra
¯
Member # 555

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitecobra  Ford pictures for whitecobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nitrous, gears, maby underdrive pullies...PM me if u have any queshtions [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
98COBRA
"holy shit"

Posts: 205 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
msj484
¯
Member # 1341

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for msj484  Ford pictures for msj484  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the only reason y i dont do underdrive pullies is that i got a very powerful sterio system. i have been told 3:73 gear and 4:10 gears. which should i get. to be honest, in fine with the stock gears i got. any other suggestions? anyone know any pro's or cons about the YoDude Performance Offroad X Pipe? will it actually help my car or just make it louder?
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go with the pullies, just don't install the alternator one and you will be in the clear!

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no hidnnos, no pulleys at all if u have any subs, even just having the crank pull on reduces the speed of the alternator, if u have a stereo, no pulleys, my friend has a 97 gt, stock mach 460 system, with two jl tens, and a 500/1, this is a decent stereo, and it over taxes the alternator already, trust me, it is embarrasing having ur lights flicker driving down the road,on my truck i have three amps, and four ten's and the stock alternator (two big interstate batteries and capacitors), and still i cant use high beams with the stereo on, no pulleys unless u ditch the stereo (which u wont), NO PULLEYS

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
rip out worthless interior shit such as spare tire and jack to reduce the weight. You wont be able to do the gears yourself, but youll definetly want em. Ever thought of doing headers? If you dont have a short shifter yet do that and put on an aluminum driveshaft at the same time.

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I didn't realize that at all. I thought that your alternator would work at full power if you left the pulley alone.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

msj484
¯
Member # 1341

thankx everyone. which gears should i get 3.73 or 4.10? ive thought about headers. which should i get. i want headers. which r the best?
msj484
¯
Member # 1341

ttt
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you want to stay NA and want the most out of your car, then get the 4.10s. As far as LTs go, get Hooker's.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
eastbaymustangman
¯
Member # 2416

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eastbaymustangman  Ford pictures for eastbaymustangman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a '02 GT with all the same shit as you and I have underdrive pulleys on it. I got the Mach 460 and a 1000watt amp in the trunk. I just didn't put the alt pulley on. I know in 02 the alt's had 130amps in them. You shouldn't have any problems with the pulleys unless your alt is going bad already. Pulleys are a great bolt on. That and an off road pipe. I have the BBK x-pipe. Get the Steeda pulleys, (they have the dampner built in) and an x-pipe, and if you really want to go fast, the 4.10's.

--------------------
'02 GT. Pulleys, cold air , 70mm TB, Flows, x-pipe w/o cats.

BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blown Mystic:
rip out worthless interior shit such as spare tire and jack to reduce the weight. You wont be able to do the gears yourself, but youll definetly want em. Ever thought of doing headers? If you dont have a short shifter yet do that and put on an aluminum driveshaft at the same time.

I really wouldn't do that if I were you.....

I was thinking the same thing, I'll just take out my spare tire and jack, I don't need them.

Then the night before my freakin birthday, some asshole slashed my tire. I would have been shit out of luck if I didn't have the spare or jack.

Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
msj484
¯
Member # 1341

well the reason i dont get pullies cuz i got. a 15' jbl sup. 1 600 watt amp for that. 2 350 watt amps for the rest of my speakers, a 400 watt sony deck, a cobra radar detector, and all new speakers. so my car is using alot of power with just my music. so should i get the pullies or not?
do they make blowers for my year mustang?, not a charger but the blowers taht come on cobras. the one that sits on top of the upper intake

armabu20
¯
Member # 860

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for armabu20  Ford pictures for armabu20    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've got a yo-dude x pipe with cats on my car. The quality on the pipe is really good. All of the welds are professionally done. It bolted right up with no problems. Roush2960 and Jesse helped me put it in and Roush2960 ended up buying one for himself. But if you're considering LT headers, you need to get a shorter x or h pipe.

Armand
01 GT

Posts: 107 | From: Milpitas, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
msj484
¯
Member # 1341

so i can put the yo-dude x pipe on my self, its a bolt on? im getting it on sunday. but it does not have n e cats. which runs better a catted or un-catted x pipe. will it really boost the performance on my 00' GT.
armabu20
¯
Member # 860

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for armabu20  Ford pictures for armabu20    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, it should be a direct bolt on. I changed the exhaust gaskets (between the down pipe and the x pipe). The passenger side gave us the most trouble. Make sure you have a good swivel socket. An impact wrench helped a lot. The offroad x pipe should make more power than a pipe with cats but your car will be loud. When I took my offroad pipe off, I think I may have lost about 10-15hp.

Armand
01 GT

Posts: 107 | From: Milpitas, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
msj484
¯
Member # 1341

thankx man. i dont think i got a swivel socket or a impact wrench. did u put the mil eliminator on too, so that check engine light wont come on? can someone suggest the easiest mil eliminators to buy, id rather spend more money, to make the job easier. thankx all.
msj484
¯
Member # 1341

ttt

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com