Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » bbk cat x pipe

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: bbk cat x pipe
bmxer
¯
Member # 1222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bmxer  Ford pictures for bmxer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
will the x pipe hang lower then stock? what is something that will hang higher then stock h pipe?
Posts: 212 | From: cerritos, ca | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes all aftermarket pipes will hang lower than the stock pipe. just cut your hangers for you mufflers a little shorter that will bring the back of it up a lot more and cut the exhaust hangers on the pipe off so that it just hangs from the headers and mufflers. That keeps my pipe nice and tight under my car.

--------------------
Support our troops!

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a BBK x pipe and just compared it to one of my stock h pipes on the ground. Both hangers seem to be the same length and I have never had any problems with the x pipe hanging low at all on my saleen. Good luck.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

bmxer
¯
Member # 1222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bmxer  Ford pictures for bmxer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is there a difference between a auto x pipe and a manual x pipe? i asked bbk people and they said it was the same, but when i installed a h pipe, it would hit the bolt that connects to the shifter thing, and i couldn't get the car out of park.
Posts: 212 | From: cerritos, ca | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have an auto and its the same pipe for bith sticks and autos.

--------------------
Support our troops!

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why don't you just get a Bassani and get a good quality part. I love the performance and sound I got from my BBK but it fits like a piece of shit. [Mad]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have swapped my BBK X-Pipe from my Saleen to my auto convertible about 3 times and NEVER had any problems.

--------------------

Bullitt3905
¯
Member # 905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt3905  Ford pictures for Bullitt3905    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well on my 02 GT the fit was terrible, i have a huge leak on the left manifold and it hangs hella far down, i was guessing because it has no hangers. looks kinda cool from a side profile though hehe.

--------------------
2001 Mustang Bullitt #3905
SR springs, koni orange, steeda sts, magnaflows, 18" Bullitt wheels, grille delete, chin spoiler, 03 cf hood, JLT sri

Posts: 1067 | From: citrus heights, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Why would you cut off the hangers?

--------------------

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

You can cut the hangers off to decrease interior vibrations mostly but also if you cut the hangers off the pipe you can shorten the hangers that hold the mufflers up witch will bring your whole exhaust system up towards the bottom of your car.

I have many BBK products and have never had any problems with any of them. I think you guys are just blaming the product for lack of expiernce in instalation. Not all but some...

[ January 29, 2003, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: 91sleeper ]

--------------------
Support our troops!

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by 91sleeper:
I have many BBK products and have never had any problems with any of them. I think you guys are just blaming the product for lack of expiernce in instalation. Not all but some...

[patriot]

--------------------

9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I put my BBK off road x pipe on my 96 saleen and had absolutely no problems. i am very pleased with BBK

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com