Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » people with sportlines

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: people with sportlines
bmxer
¯
Member # 1222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bmxer  Ford pictures for bmxer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
does your h pipe scrape on speedbumps? everytime i go over speedbumps, no matter how slow the cats always scrape. i did remove the h pipe once, so could it be i didn't put it back on right, or sportlines just that low?
Posts: 212 | From: cerritos, ca | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sportlines are just that low...My '94 with an off road H and 1.5" drop(Eibach,Pro-kit)scrapes too...Its one of those things you sacrafice for performance...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
bmxer
¯
Member # 1222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bmxer  Ford pictures for bmxer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
will it break anything if i keep scraping? if i don't go sideways up it just thuds and hits hard
Posts: 212 | From: cerritos, ca | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
01_Blue
¯
Member # 1732

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for 01_Blue  Ford pictures for 01_Blue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bmxer:
will it break anything if i keep scraping?

Just be careful w/ driveways and speedbumps or you might end up w/ bad cats like me [Frown] (bassani xpipe)
y2kgt01
¯
Member # 1257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for y2kgt01  Ford pictures for y2kgt01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bassani x pipes hang way lower than all the other pipes ive seen, does anyone know some sort of quick fix to get them up higher?
Greenandsilver
¯
Member # 1371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greenandsilver  Ford pictures for Greenandsilver    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My 95 scrapes very rarely with sportlines and Mac Off-road pipe. The thing I've got to look out for is the fascia.
Posts: 91 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is the solotion, it solved my scraping problems.

Cut off the exhaust hangers on the pipe itself. Now the pipe will hang for the headers and mufflers. After you cut the hangers off the pipe itself have the mufflers removed and have the exhaust hangers on there shortend and re welded not oo much but a bit. Now when you put your pipe on it will now hang from the headers and the mufflers and tilt to the back in an upwards fashion not much but enough to take most of the scraping away.

By eliminatin the exhaust hangers on the pipe itself it takes away a lot of inteior sound as well as rattling.

--------------------
Support our troops!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com