Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Differences between 30 series and 40 series flows

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Differences between 30 series and 40 series flows
Ms. Cobra
Cafords Event Mod
Member # 1587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms. Cobra  Ford pictures for Ms. Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i need to know which one would be the best combo for my car with my offroad h-pipe that im puttin in over the weekend.....i have the 40 series but im thinkin of the 30 series too...which one would be better for a 97 GT....which one would be louder....better performance wise??? any info and feedback would be great help..thanks [patriot]
Posts: 1208 | From: East Bay Area | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey whats up....For your info: "40 series" are louder that the "30 series"..The interior noise will be louder with the "40 series"....The "30 series" will be better for performance..

I think you should go with what you think sounds better!!!! [Big Grin] The horse power difference will be very slight on a car such as yours.. [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
96Forged281
¯
Member # 2158

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96Forged281  Ford pictures for 96Forged281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if youre thinking of a diff muff why get flowmaster at all then?

--------------------
96 Stang GT Convertible Looks Stock =)

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 96Forged281:
if youre thinking of a diff muff why get flowmaster at all then?

go with dynomaX [worship] [patriot]
Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Vndcatr
CAFords OG
Member # 2343

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vndcatr  Ford pictures for Vndcatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have yet to hear more bark and rumble being given off than the 40 series flowmasters... [worship]

--------------------
Built 01 cobra
400 rwhp
11.7@117mph , 1.62 60ft

Posts: 1066 | From: Sacramento,Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have 40 series flows and a BBK off road H. When I had the 3.27's in the rear it sounded great cause i'd cruise at about 2000 RPM's now that I have the 4.10's in the rear and I cruise at about 2600 RPM's it kind of gets annoying and makes me think I'm going deaf. Two scenario's for you from the same car. I think it all dpends on what else you have on it and how hard you drive it. I like the sey up though but I'll probably end up switching back to a catted pipe someday but today just ain't the day [worship] [burnout] [dance]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
91PONY
Mrs. Valve Events
Member # 206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91PONY  Ford pictures for 91PONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90FoX:
go with dynomaX [worship] [patriot]

Word! I just got the DynoMax Ultra Flows on mine..... [worship] [worship]

--------------------
Heather '91 GT

Posts: 1477 | From: Citrus Heights, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
LaserStang
¯
Member # 353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaserStang  Ford pictures for LaserStang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey its lauren (lilmustangcutie) thanks for everyone's replies...yea i think that i am sticking with the 40 series...i want loud more than performance because it really really will not make more than a 2-5 hp difference if that much at all...yea i dun drive that fast so at my cruisin speeds the noise will be jus fine for my ears....lol [Wink] heheeh i cant wait to get it installed soon..my h-pipe is goin in today...

--------------------
Laser Red 2000 Mustang GT
http://www.montereymustangs.com

Norgs
¯
Member # 649

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norgs  Ford pictures for Norgs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
GET 1 CHAMBERS!! i used to have that on my stang with the off road pipe and it sounded AWESOME!

--------------------
R.I.P. Miles 12/8/02
R.I.P. Mike 12-2-03 cant believe it. gonna miss u man!!

Posts: 1031 | From: Tempe...formally San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Norgs:
GET 1 CHAMBERS!! i used to have that on my stang with the off road pipe and it sounded AWESOME!

I agree, you say you want loud Lauren, then definalty go with 1 chambered flows! Although you will love the sound with your 40 series along with offroad H, you will want louder some time. Ill let you hear my setup at the meet Lauren! [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

Black Demon
¯
Member # 2326

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black Demon  Ford pictures for Black Demon    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats up Lauren...

you can always go with spintecs.... I think they sound great...

--------------------
2003 s2 Roush

Member of a San Jose based Mustang Club "STALLIONS"
Looks like a Pony, Rides like a Stallion
Stallions Car Club

chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
spintechs sound awesome...way better than flows especially on the mod motors.
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you want to hear what 40 series 2 chamber flows sound like, check this out,

http://www.cafords.com/mpg/08_03_02/Yellow94GT_vs_Threesixes.mpg

People will preech and preech about mufflers all day long. The horse power gains and loses between the different brands aren't even worth the argument. [patriot]

I have spent a large majority of my life around mustangs, a mustang with flows, is just how a mustang is supposed to sound IMO. But it is all personal preference. <---Jim is a bitch

[ January 27, 2003, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
stanger91
¯
Member # 397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger91  Ford pictures for stanger91  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Learn how to spell preference Drew [Smile] Stop trying to sound it out [Smile]

--------------------
E.T 12.314@126.300

Posts: 778 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hahahah, jim is a bitch
Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Ms. Cobra
Cafords Event Mod
Member # 1587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms. Cobra  Ford pictures for Ms. Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey guys jus an update: as of rite now im gettin installed my two chamber 40 series flows at Minute Muffler....i cant wait to hear the sound!!!! It should be tite...hopefully u all can hear it at the next meet [patriot]
Posts: 1208 | From: East Bay Area | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good choice [patriot]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com