Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » hey Mark, guess who?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: hey Mark, guess who?
yesIdid
¯
Member # 58

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for yesIdid  Ford pictures for yesIdid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've got SHITTY throttle response below 3K rpm ever since I installed the Densecharger t/body tube: yes, I checked for leaks and reset the EEC. Are you running an open filter-like the UPR Big Mouth-set-up; or are you running the silencer and stock airbox?

If this problem doesn't go away soon I'm going to put my stock air tube back on [Mad] .

I'll let you know if the drivetrain upgrades are worthwhile; they're going in on the 1st [patriot] .

--------------------
SOLD :(
Black 99 GT w/the 35th Anniversary package

BOUGHT :)
2015 Mustang GT premium w/PP

Posts: 514 | From: San Franpsycho | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
Mirza
¯
Member # 135

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mirza  Ford pictures for Mirza    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
densecharger blows..buy afm or upr if u want A intake "pipe"

--------------------
'97 RED COBRA

PIC OF THE COBRA

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mike I have the Full Densecharger kit the one with the K&N down in the Fenderwell. Is the car running rich? Do you still have your stock MAF that you can put back in and see if that helps. PM me your phone number.

[ January 24, 2003, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: bunchmyfunky ]

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
yesIdid
¯
Member # 58

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for yesIdid  Ford pictures for yesIdid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FALSE ALARM [Embarrassed] .

The sensor aft of the MAF wasn't fully seated and was hitting the air-tube inside the rubber coupler; a hacksaw solved that problem.

After I bolted everything back together, my car ran better than ever [burnout] .

BTW, I reinstalled the stock MAF, and after a trip downtown, pulled it right back off. My car likes the LMAF.

After I get the drivetrain crap on I'm going back to Sac.

Posts: 514 | From: San Franpsycho | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com